My 2nd attempt F1 wheel addon

I started this earlier this week I will keep updating as I go. Please let me know what you think.

I started off with A Williams F1 wheel for the PS2 I have taken the wheel off and tarted removing the hardware in the wheel. Then I cut the rubber from the top of the wheel as I want to remove the top and make a box at the back to accommodate the Sli-m and wires.

Then I removed the front of the wheel and cut out parts I would need to replace with new perspex.

Then I started to cut the back of the wheel were I will be building a new box for wires

I also started drilling the holes for mounting the Wheel to my G25 I will be using the shift pedals and clutch pedals using the original buttons on the G25 mounted to the pcb from the Williams wheel.

yeah I know part of the ppc is stripped but im only using it to hold the buttons in place and wiring to the buttons not the pcb

A nice day here in England for once.... Ok so this is what ive done today. I have finished off the front part of the wheel the clear plexi will have the gear indicator and some leds behind it. the front will be covered in 3M carbon vinyl so and wonky cuts will be hidden I just need to cover the gaps will be done tomorrow.

Then I worked on the part that will cover the top section of the front covering the rev light leds. Im using the origional screws to hold it in place as it will need to be removed to remove the front of wheel if ever needed too.

Then I got to work on the rear of the wheel the box that will hide the cables. It looks a little ruff but will be filled and sanded once I'm done.

Heres the wheel as it is now.

Then I had to cook a Sunday roast to keep wifey happy having top clean all plastic dust from my clothes :p

Upvote 0
Not much done today just done the new buttons will be wired up Friday need to buy a new soldering iron. Need to make some channels for the wires to go behind the board the buttons are on. Ive also had to cut the buttons on the wheel in half to accommodate the new button boards. Sli-M will be bought on Friday too.

Upvote 0
Here is some more work I'm almost done with the wheel the rubber grips will be covered with faux suede. It will give me more grip and its Teflon coated so easy to clean and waterproof

So to the pics what I have done is put the simscreen in and added another button because 11 buttons and 3 rotaries weren't enough lol. Also added 5 more lights to the Sli-M.

Nice wiring job was a lot of work closing the wheel back up with all these in
tongue.png
also no help at all off damn cat think its too hot for her in the uk.. is for me too hat to go get a shower after all that soldering. I unsoldred the usb connector off the simscreen and connected the usb directly to the psb

Finished all lights and my screen design done this is my race design I also have ones for practice and quali. I just press the button to cycle through screens

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back