1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

MXGP Mod request thread

Discussion in 'MXGP Mods' started by mmpaw37, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Please can you create a MXGP forum and additional mod request thread.

I have just purchased the game and to my surprise, it's not bad at all!. With this in mind, as in MotoGP'13 there was a thread created, so I hope that the same gets done for this title.

Many thanks in advance,

mmpaw37. ;):thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yea...definitly a thread for this please.:thumbsup:

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Do you guys need the same kind of categories as for Motogp here? Misc and skins or is the game more modable than that?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think it´s almost the same like MotoGp.for example the Mixfiler for that works also for MXGP...I don´t know how big the fan community will be...

5. Well, I've had a lokk Bram and it is near as damn it as MotoGP 13. I tried the mixfile remixer already but unfortunately, for some reason it won't allow me to open the GFXPAK.MIX file, which is where the liveries are!.

It opens the other mix files fine so i'm not sure as to what is really happening. It stops around 60%.

That's why I requested this thread as I would like to do some modding for this game but need Tommi-TAG to get in touch so he can help with the remixer.

Thanks again Bram!

6. Yes, same as MotoGP m8 please!

Cheers!

7. The liveries are there?I thought in mx1 and mx2...

8. They will definitely be there, like they are in Motogp but, I've tried to extract the mix file which contains them and it stops when about 371 files have been extracted...strange!

9. Hang on...

Yes you are right!... Didn't notice those files m8, just looked for the same as motogp!

lol:laugh:

10. But GFXPAK also stop by me...i was searching the file which contains the numbers...but nothing found.Hm will wait for the Thread:whistling:

11. Nice one mmpaw. That is exactly what I have been surfing the web for since I got the game. Maybe, in time, people will want to league race it. My time in multiplayer has been a bit hit or miss though, with disco's, lag, and game freezes so I imagine it would need an update before anything like that could be considered.

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thanks Bram!

By the way, for anyone that is interested in purchasing this title...

Be sure that you have a decent enough spec PC!. I would have thought my PC would've ran the game without any issues but unfortunately, this is not the case.

I mean, I can run rFactor, F1 titles, mmorpg's with relative ease on high settings (with 1920x1080), but this game is horrible for framerate.
    It is just like MotoGP 13...although in MotoGP defense, the frame rate got worse after the patch!.
    But in essence it's the same problem. I have to run the game with no vsync, it fixes the frame rate but then the downside is you get horrible screen tearing!.

In the meantime however, I am going to mod the game and add some mx riders from the 80s!...like the legend who was Dave Thorpe!!!
    (A personal hero of mine!...and yes it does show my age!)
    ...However...he did ride the mother of all bikes that was ever built...the Honda RC500!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yes, I've also tried it too.. Illegal characters path error..
    I want to replace some graphics, but with this incomplete .MIX extraction I don't think it'll go exactly as it is.. That's why Mixfile Remixer must be still be updated.. :sneaky:

15. mod-edit: no skidmarks here

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  16. Yeah, that's the problem I get!

The program definitely needs updating but I fear it won't. I'll be doing as much as I can with the mod i'm doing, and if I need the GFXPAK.MIX to be extracted, then i'll have to wait!.

17. It would be nice but...1. I am on Win 8.1...2. I have an ATI Radeon card.

Thanks for the info though!. I do have Radeon Pro anyway and have done some settings that have made the game run a lot smoother.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  18. im well up for some mods,especially a better rumble through the pad and better mud effects.

19. 80's riders for sure would love some Rob Herring and Kurt Nicoll

20. Can someone direct me to info on editing and opening .BML files?