1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Featured MXGP 3 Announced for Spring 2017 Release

Discussion in 'MXGP 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,567
    MXGP 3.jpg
    Milestone Interactive have announced the third instalment to the popular MXGP series of games is due to be released Spring of this year, representing the full 2016 MXGP, MXGP 2 and MXoN racing season.

Milestone confirm the new title will utilise the ever popular Unreal 4 game engine for the first time, promising fans the move will "take the game experience to a surprising new level". MXGP 3 will accurately represent all the teams, riders and locations of the 2016 MXGP season, plus supporting series MXGP 2 and the MXoN, both in offline and online modes.

Although the game will be targeted towards a wide audience of skills and experiences, Milestone still promise an impressive array of simulation aspects within the new title, such as dynamic weather conditions from sun to heavy rain and fully deformable track conditions, with both muddy surfaces and dust simulated across the tracks in game. Also confirmed for the new title, which is something of a rarity in more recent racing games, is the plan for MXGP 3 to incorporate a sizable career mode for players to enjoy. Unfortunately due to the very nature of the early announcement very few details are currently know as to what exactly the career mode will look like come launch.

Check out the brand new MXGP 3 trailer to see the first in game shots below:

More about the game from Milestone:

MXGP is back! The third chapter is being rebuilt from the ground up to bring the gaming experience to a new level, thanks to the Unreal® Engine 4 full power!

The complete season of MXGP 2016, including MXoN, is just the tip of the iceberg: gameplay and physics improvements, along with brand new and gorgeous graphics, will assure a complete immersion in the MXGP world. Dynamic changing weather, high resolution terrain deformation, updated physics are just some of the features that will make MXGP3 more than real.

MXGP 3 will be available for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sometime during Spring 2017.

For all the latest news and discussions around the MXGP franchise of games head on over to the MXGP sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Are you looking forward to MXGP3? Which is your platform of choice for this title? Have you tried previous versions of the game? What are your impressions of previous MXGP releases? Share your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. St3fan

St3fan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +391
    My 2017 new year resolution: Get a motorcycle license and get my first bike in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  3. timson72

timson72

Ratings:
    +8
    tbf to milestone the MXGP games are quite good

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Winkhaus

Winkhaus
    Premium

Ratings:
    +185

5. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    The environment and track surface look absolutely amazing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. howitzer155mm

howitzer155mm

Ratings:
    +77
    I'm not a huge fan of Milestone, but 2 things I'd like to see happen is Codemasters gets their WRC license and Milestone gets a license for AMA Monster Energy Supercross/AMA Lucas Oil Outdoor Motocross series.

1 Man was able to create an MX Sim with a modder base capable of replicating the entire AMA Supercross series in sync with the real life schedule. I'm confident a development team could at least do half that.

7. Maximiliano

Maximiliano

Ratings:
    +66
    I don't know how, but Milestone always manages to make their teasers look like the NFS Porsche Unleashed intro, even if the in-game graphics are somewhat decent. There's something wrong with the rendering, I guess.

8. Metla

Metla

Ratings:
    +70
    MXGP 3?
    I havent even got to MXGP 2 yet...

9. Fabio Cristi - Vae Victis

Fabio Cristi - Vae Victis

Ratings:
    +42
    WRC license doesn't belong to Milestone anymore since 2012. It has been owned by Big Ben Interactive since 2013.

10. Hayesracing23

Hayesracing23

Ratings:
    +1
    Hopefully they get the sounds sorted out. I hate racing with a bike that sounds like a wet fart.

11. kmanitou81

kmanitou81

Ratings:
    +30
    This series is Milestone at their best. Day one if there's nothng wrong with it.

12. ReZ

ReZ

Ratings:
    +106
    anyone wanna bet they leave out the best parts from UE4 , like dedicated servers, modding, steam workshop etc. etc.???