AC MX5 Cup @ Silverstone - Monday 11th July 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
mx5raceseries.jpg

Keep up the momentum, brake late and hard. MX5 Cup racing!

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join as a Premium Member
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RaceDepartment #2
Cars: Mazda MX5 Cup
Track: Silverstone GP

Practice: 18:00GMT (30min)
Qualifying 1: 18:30GMT(10min)
Race 1: 18:40GMT (20min)
Qualifying 2: 19:00GMT(10min)
Race 2: 19:10GMT (20min)

Entry List
  1. Tobias Röhner
  2. Geof
  3. BioForce
  4. speedyx56
  5. SakL
  6. RippedXFuel
  7. Marco Waechter
  8. Tommi Saari
  9. Andrew Harper
  10. Glaurung
  11. Enzo Fazzi
  12. 8 Bit Racer
  13. James Hemp
  14. Premium Slot
  15. Premium Slot
  16. Premium Slot
  17. Premium Slot
  18. Premium Slot
  19. Premium Slot
  20. Premium Slot
  21. Premium Slot
  22. Premium Slot
  23. Premium Slot
  24. Premium Slot

Last edited:
Welp, really sorry for my pathetic driving yesterday. These last few days have been a mess and I pretty much couldn't focus at all. Even let a few people pass since I didn't want to make it worse. Should be better for Sunday's race.

I don't know if any of you are willing to share this info with the league coming up but just a quick question.

Can any of the Fanatec pedal owners share their pedal settings please?

I noticed last night I was using about 30% braking into Club and Brooklands, any harder and the ABS was cutting in big time. It wasn't a big issue but it doesn't seem to be very realistic.

I have the load cell sensor set to about 7-8, are there any ideal settings in game that would make things better for me?

Wasn't doing too bad last night, I haven't driven the full circuit in this car so took me a while to pick the correct gears. I did try Giuseppe's setup but was having trouble controlling the corner entry so went back to the base setup I already had, no doubt it's quick but I just haven't got used to it yet.

My only bad habit was trying to carry a bit too much speed into the corners and that was causing the car to wash out at the front, just a case of trying too hard too soon. Confirmed by those that passed me by pulling away on corner exit.

Wasn't doing too bad last night, I haven't driven the full circuit in this car so took me a while to pick the correct gears. I did try Giuseppe's setup but was having trouble controlling the corner entry so went back to the base setup I already had, no doubt it's quick but I just haven't got used to it yet.

My only bad habit was trying to carry a bit too much speed into the corners and that was causing the car to wash out at the front, just a case of trying too hard too soon. Confirmed by those that passed me by pulling away on corner exit.
The Spa set-up I posted was quite extreme, to make it more stable reduce the front camber. A start point is -3.3 deg, giving a nice compromise grip vs camber thrust. Adding more negative camber would only add more thrust making the car more reactive at steering inputs.
With this car is more important to stay on throttle mid corner keeping the momentum than to have a strong corner entry.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%