• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured MX Bikes Beta 7 Update Adds Integrated VR Support, Modding Updates and More

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,941
    MX GP Bikes 1.jpg
    PiBoSo has released a sizable new update for his wildly underrated MX Bikes simulation, adding native VR support and plenty of other fixes and improvements.

Having fallen somewhat under the radar thanks to Milestone's prolific foray into the world of off road bike racing recently, MX Bikes still retains some of its unique charm and depth of simulation so very much evident since the first release of the current beta all the way back in 2014.

Built as a labour of love by one man show PiBiSo, MX Bikes is the off road variant of his excellent GP Bikes title, and focuses on the world of motorcross style outdoor dirt bike racing, albeit using fictional brands and locations.

Exceptionally moddable and exclusive to PC, MX Bikes is now on the seventh iteration of build during what has been a prolonged beta period. You can check out the new update details below/

Beta 7 Update Notes:
    • Replays are not compatible with the previous versions
    • The network ports have been changed
    • VR support is now integrated
    • MX Bikes now supports an external folder for mods, but only for bikes, tyres, helmets, boots, paints , and tracks. The default path is “My Documents”/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/mods/ but it’s possible to change it
    • The number of tear-offs has been increased to 21
    Modding
    • For examples of animated flags, please check the SCR files in Holjes and Nevada
    • Temporary bike models are not used anymore. They can be deleted and reference to them removed from the file gfx.cfg
    • Support for a dedicated onboard engine sound has been added. The sfx.cfg section name is “onboard_engine”. The format is the same as “engine”
    • A message is now shown on screen when saving the track deformation and dynamic surface.

MX Bikes can be purchased independently or alongside other PiBiSo games Kart Racing PRO, GP Bikes and World Series Racing.

MX GP Bikes 2.jpg MX GP Bikes 3.jpg MX GP Bikes 4.jpg

If you want to discuss either MX Bikes or other PiBiSo games with the RaceDepartment community, head over to the Other Racing Games sub forum and leave a comment today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
    RaceDepartment Twitter
    RaceDepartment Facebook
    RaceDepartment Twitch
    RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried MX Bikes? What are your impressions of the simulation? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +419
    waiting for vr impressions from someone :coffee: looks psycho

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Yeah I had the same thoughts. You wouldn't want to be a new VR user and jump straight into this. The motion sickness would be unbelievable! :laugh:

• Love Love x 1
  4. Farrow_21

Farrow_21

Ratings:
    +1
    Love MX Bikes i haven't Downloaded Beta 7 yet but played all the others.
    I think it's one of the best Mx games out. I believe it will be on par with MXS,
    I'd say the the Ground physics are already very good and am sure the air physics will continue to improve.
    I feel like MXB gives a better feeling for the weight of the bike.
    I really like PiBoSo sim's I've only tried demo's of the other titles but i did really like WRS the dynamic track functions & rain felt really nice even though could only test with the FR2000.
    Can't wait to install Beta 7 and try it out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,673
    The thought of Vr is what makes this sing for me,
    riding a bike with a controller for example feels just wrong, my PC rig allows me a bit of realism as im sat in a rig holding a wheel pushing pedals..

So with no bike to sit on, a VR experience might just be good enough to fool the mind at times whilst holding a controller..
    i might look a village idiot all kitted out in vr gear but who cares..
    the question is can i justify VR for bike games....? no :(

6. MirNet

MirNet
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    Id imagine the immersion would be just as impressive as the cars/wheel, with one of those bike handle bar controllers that used to be available, or a custom built device.
    I think your right about the controller, but VR seems like a glove fit for first person on a bike.

I intend to check this out, and from what a user said on reddit, they do a road bike sim with VR too.

7. DriverJay

DriverJay

Ratings:
    +25
    I didn't even know this sim existed until up to now :confused:

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,673
    I don't know recent the VR footage is

9. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +419
    id love to see newer videos :p shame theres none from current beta

skip to 0:50 :D that flying guy made me laugh

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Ratings:
    +6,673
    The online part has always been a thorn in my side with the Piboso sims..
    the kart race pro is a lot better than it ever used to be online, so im sure this will one day reach the same if not higher standards.. (fingers are crossed)..

i remember strapping a piece of plastic pipe to my wheel and using that in GP bikes ,,, ffb
    after a few lap you forgot it was a wheel.
    might have to try that again.. :roflmao::roflmao:

11. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +419
    how do u control leaning and in air movement? nice idea with a pipe :D when i was lil kiddo i had a wheel that u could transform into yoke or bike handle or how u call it