AC MX-5 Cup @ Brands Hatch - Monday January 30, 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the race!
I'm terrible and consistently slow at this combo, and I just can't figure out how I am consistently 1 second slower in sector 1 all the time!

Thanks for the race!
I'm terrible and consistently slow at this combo, and I just can't figure out how I am consistently 1 second slower in sector 1 all the time!

It took me a while but eventually I figured out that using the brakes was generally a bad idea. I'd give a little brake at Druids and Stirlings Bend but for the rest of the track I'd basically just lift or downshift one gear and maybe give just a dab of brake to settle the weight towards the front. This car is all about keeping the momentum up and using the binders breaks your momentum.

In the first sector I would downshift and give a slight dab of brake just past where the big building on the left side of the front stretch ends and then I'd roll it into Paddock Hill, getting back on the throttle before the apex and flooring it down the hill. Then just past the bridge I'd give it some brake (but not too much) and go down two gears, let off the brakes and roll it around Druids, feather in some throttle at or just past the apex. Full throttle down the hill, lift at the beginning of the right side curb and coast through Graham Hill Bend, feather in the throttle at the apex and let it track as wide as possible without getting all four over the white line. Full throttle down the little straight and give a dab of brake at the orange bollard on the right and down a gear for Surtees, trying to make it as late an apex as possible.

Good race Bence. Shame you ran out of fuel, you had that one in the bag.

Next week at Magione should be fun :thumbsup:

Yeah it was good I knew I had to make a gap at the start cause we were matching speed and if u catch me and I start to tow u for sure it will slow me down then u could dive in next to me , so the first 5 lap was head down not paying attention to anything then around lap 8 or 9 I realized I spent all qualification trying to get a bit less understeer and I forgot about gas so my setup was for 16 lap at donington park , at lap 13 iwas praying that it will last but 2 corner before finish I ran out and rolled to the line, anyway it was fun dealing other stuff while driving and feel pressure the whole race
Magione is not my favourite but should be fun!
Thanks for the race and thanks for everyone who was inlvolved
see u guys on the track

Reactions: Wiz

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back