1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must See racing movies and documentaries

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vaughn Stegeman, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I haven't seen a thread like this, so I figured I'd start one. Share your fave "Must See" racing movies and documentaries.

I'll start with this, which I just watched last nite on the Youtuber.
    Champions Forever: The Formula One Drivers (documentary, circa mid '70s-ish)

And also watched this, another documentary.
    Clash of the Titans: Lauda vs. Hunt (1996)

Then of course the obvious:
    Le Mans
    Days of Thunder

.. I know I'm missing a whole bunch here :cool:

EDIT: I do see there's another movies thread, but this one is meant to be racing-specific .. thus I figured a different thread
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Just watched "1", and it was really good in my opinion. Nice footages and a brief of history of the danger and evolution of F1 racing.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You are forgetting the greatest racing movie ever! Driven is the best!

Just kidding ;)
    • Haha Haha x 3
  4. I've got a couple more to add

Truth in 24 II (2012) about Audi's attempt to win a record fifth consecutive 24 Hours of Le Mans
    EDITED: this is the 2nd one ... the first one is also a good watch

Grand Prix (1966) .. just a darn good movie
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Official History of the WRC

The Evolution of Rallying: 50 Years Sideways
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I'm right now in the midst of watching this series, and despite the fairly poor CGI and some not-so-great animation (some decent animation too tho) I'm rather enjoying it. They've got the racing down pretty well I think.
    What is it?
    Initial D .. anime from Japan
    Here's ep. 1 on the youtuber, no sub-titles, dubbed in english. However, not all the ep.s on the youtuber are as such. Thus, I'm watching it on Netflix where all the ep.s are english-dubbed.

There appears to be a BUNCH of seasons of Initial D. .. There's also a live-action movie, but I can't comment on that as I haven't watched it.

7. I don't really enjoy NASCAR, but I do respect it; and Dale Earnhardt was one of the best, no question. This was pretty decent, albeit a bit cheesy in some parts perhaps.