1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Must See racing movies and documentaries

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vaughn Stegeman, Feb 11, 2014.

1. I haven't seen a thread like this, so I figured I'd start one. Share your fave "Must See" racing movies and documentaries.

I'll start with this, which I just watched last nite on the Youtuber.
    Champions Forever: The Formula One Drivers (documentary, circa mid '70s-ish)

And also watched this, another documentary.
    Clash of the Titans: Lauda vs. Hunt (1996)

Then of course the obvious:
    Le Mans
    Senna
    Rush
    Days of Thunder

.. I know I'm missing a whole bunch here :cool:

EDIT: I do see there's another movies thread, but this one is meant to be racing-specific .. thus I figured a different thread

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Member

Just watched "1", and it was really good in my opinion. Nice footages and a brief of history of the danger and evolution of F1 racing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nelson Ullinskey

Nelson Ullinskey
    Premium Member

You are forgetting the greatest racing movie ever! Driven is the best!

Just kidding ;)

• Haha Haha x 3
  4. I've got a couple more to add

Truth in 24 II (2012) about Audi's attempt to win a record fifth consecutive 24 Hours of Le Mans
    EDITED: this is the 2nd one ... the first one is also a good watch

Grand Prix (1966) .. just a darn good movie

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Official History of the WRC

The Evolution of Rallying: 50 Years Sideways

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm right now in the midst of watching this series, and despite the fairly poor CGI and some not-so-great animation (some decent animation too tho) I'm rather enjoying it. They've got the racing down pretty well I think.
    What is it?
    Initial D .. anime from Japan
    Here's ep. 1 on the youtuber, no sub-titles, dubbed in english. However, not all the ep.s on the youtuber are as such. Thus, I'm watching it on Netflix where all the ep.s are english-dubbed.

There appears to be a BUNCH of seasons of Initial D. .. There's also a live-action movie, but I can't comment on that as I haven't watched it.

7. I don't really enjoy NASCAR, but I do respect it; and Dale Earnhardt was one of the best, no question. This was pretty decent, albeit a bit cheesy in some parts perhaps.