F1 2015 "Must Have Otherwise Not Buying"

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
With the amazingly low scores that F1 2014 is receiving in the reviews the 2015 version of the game will have to offer so much more to satisfy the race gaming fans.

What has surprised me personally is that I am hearing the same complains about the series since the release of F1 2010 of fans saying "if they don't include X I am not buying".

Honestly I think game developers are def to such remarks as the fans will buy the game anyway regardless what features are missing or included. Its an officially licensed F1 game so it must be bought.

For once lets assume that they do care and actually pick up your remarks as valuable customer feedback. Are there any real deal-breakers for F1 2015?

I have been a repeating record since 2010 myself and even I got carried away with the hype every year and purchased 2010, 2011, 2012 but in 2013 I've actually stopped buying the game as I saw no more improvements. On the contrary, the game has gotten worse since the initial 2010 release that I class truly as a great racing title.

Every year I have requested dedicated server support (will do once more as this is the criteria for me as a pc racer), online file check system to avoid blatant abuse of cheats and a few more.

My passion is to race online with a full field of drivers on a properly hosted server. None of the previous F1 games by Codemasters have offered this which results in me going for offline play only, year in year out, with this game which is a bloody shame as a strong brand as "F1" is deserves a properly hosted league series, with replays, pro broadcast and a field of the best online sim racers the community has to offer. I am not buying the petty argument anymore that "the development of dedicated server support is too expensive"

Ill keep my hopes up that 2015 will actually include the above and breaks with the "milking" tradition of releasing the same game year after year.

My question to you: Which features must be included in the 2015 game to avoid that you are really not buying the game anymore?

(Note that this is not a wishlist thread, we have one here already).

Look at FIFA, an yearly title like F1, and it's made to convince the same guys to buy it every year, their changes year to year are made in the direction of making it more complex, give more options to the experienced players, rewarding experience rather than lowering the floor level.

EA understands that they can't make people who aren't football fans buy FIFA, so they put work into pleasing their fans.
I think i wrongly stated but my opinion is very much same as Yours
They need to change their path so that the Fans who must be pleased not some easy playing guys .

Look at FIFA, an yearly title like F1, and it's made to convince the same guys to buy it every year, their changes year to year are made in the direction of making it more complex, give more options to the experienced players, rewarding experience rather than lowering the floor level.

EA understands that they can't make people who aren't football fans buy FIFA, so they put work into pleasing their fans.
Lets make a petition to give the license to EA :p

Nah seriously! You're right. I bought a Logtech racing wheel in order to have the best experience on F1 2013, but I was hugely disappointed. Same with 2014. I played all games through 2010 to 2014 and they haven't changed a single thing about them, except the cars... the team line ups.

I hope, sincerely hope that the physics will be improved. As they said they have next gen plans for 2015, I am buying a PS4 (Shitty PC lol), but again, I feel like CM will be making me spend my bucks over a rotten chicken, when I think I am spending them on caviar.

• Deleted member 161052

Can anyone ask Codies or Steve Hood when F1 2015's info are going to be announced? It's because I thought they were going to announce the infos the day after F1 2014 was released in America.

Oh yeah, definitely. Let me just find a gun so I can blow my brains out right after that:roflmao:

EA is as bad as CM, just richer so they pour more money for graphics/animation/textures/etc. Their core game is designed to appeal to the same guys: people who only watch the highlights. Things like midfield are just glossed over, it's all about attack, dribbling and goals. It is as much as a football simulator as much COD is a war game simulator.

If I can choose who to produce F1 games it would be between Slightly Mad Studios and Rockstar. SMS because they have proven they can do racing games with depth and Rockstar who even though have zero experience in racing put incredible attention in detail and don't just do games for the sake of it.

My "must have otherwise not buying":

1) Competent AI not that excuse of an AI we have witnessed in the previous 5 games. They can drive off line, they can't attack without DRS, they can't plan 2 corners ahead. There is slight improvement in F1 2013v2 with some cars occasionally holding it around the outside but there's more room for improvement. Also, if I have my assists turned off I want the AI to go to the same pain. Have you even seen an AI locking up? Yep, me neither. And if you drive behind an AI car you can clearly that it just revs the engine to the max and the traction control takes care of the rest.
Also, every single AI driver takes the same racing line with the only variation being how much speed they care depending on the car. In the past 5 years I have seen an AI car understeer/oversteer a handful of times

2) No more lazy programming. "How do we make the AI faster?" asked a CM employee. "We remove their tyre wear" another CM employee answered :inlove::cry: Whatever they do should be done properly, not just to have it in the game. How to make Career harder? You start without upgrades on the car while the AI has the Abu Dhabi-spec chassis in Australia :thumbsup::unsure:

3) Telemetry. F1 game without telemetry = Football game without formation screen = joke

4) Setup system that is half-decent at least. Because the current is not.

5) Strategy variation and "response". The AI has set laps to pit and they do it no matter what, they won't respond to you undercutting them or whatever. The funniest/saddest is when they're scheduled to pit on Lap 8 for example. Safety car comes out on L4 until L7, the AI continues and then after the SC comes in they pit and they end up 20s+ behind you.

Mine are about the single player but that's because I don't have much time to join leagues and play competitively. But a successful F1 2015 would definitely need a better online mode. Maybe a bigger grid - BF4 supports 64 simultaneous players FFS. And maybe some way to practice alone. Practice with prime tyres, long stints, stuff like this. Currently you have to join a lobby with friends to test stuff.

Nah seriously! You're right. I bought a Logtech racing wheel in order to have the best experience on F1 2013, but I was hugely disappointed. Same with 2014. I played all games through 2010 to 2014 and they haven't changed a single thing about them, except the cars... the team line ups.

I hope, sincerely hope that the physics will be improved. As they said they have next gen plans for 2015, I am buying a PS4 (Shitty PC lol), but again, I feel like CM will be making me spend my bucks over a rotten chicken, when I think I am spending them on caviar.
Already have made a petition! Go here to sign it:
https://www.change.org/p/codemaster...os-or-make-a-better-f1-game?just_created=true
With every body who signs it we can make the game better for all of us!

Unfortunately for Codemasters this time round, they now have serious competition, albeit not in a Formula 1 guise, but in the guise of GSC in it's current form, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars on the way too, this time round I see peoples hard earned going elsewhere....

Have to concur with ML. I have & have been running the Project Cars beta 834 build with a pal in Norway, & it's gobsmacking in all ways. Your career starts, if you so choose, in karting & you progress into a vast arena of weather systems, tracks, events, damage models, physics, each with independent handling quirks, built in helmet-cam & aggressive truly intelligent AI. Debris litters the tracks in long meets, you have pit control, comprehensive set-up control, even control over windscreen wipers. There is far to much to go into. Remember, I'm saying this about the beta, & since playing it, I haven't fired up F1 2015, which, In comparison, feels sterile unimaginative retrogressive & just, well...meh. When you understand what is achievable by todays engines, insightful & imaginative independent programmers with Slightly Mad Studios & Kunos with Assetto Corsa for example, you have to ask where is Codies heart & passion for these genres...You have to ask yourself, what have I been doing buying the same regurgitated F1 structure all these years? This coming from someone who has bought & raced every Codies F1 release & defended it year after year. The bar has been raised & they're going to have jump quite a bit higher to clear it now for 2015, ergo, the F1 title needs a complete restructuring. Try the Project Cars beta, you'll come alive again. I'm currently flying round & round the Ochersleben in an Ariel Atom 300 like a fruitcake.

Last edited:
the game is not bad, throw it on a 3D TV with glasses and you'll have the most immersive 3D game I've ever seen!

now that he was castrated, version of version was yes!
the best was the F1 2010 (unfortunately were not excited to remove bugs, bad professionalism, the thing of having to by codes to see water puddle was ugly, and there was no correction), from there to here, there were errors and successes! I liked the 2012 because it was very moldable, and still carried good effects, in 2014 came with some new improvements, but not all perceived, and sinned in not come with a classics so that in our view has become important to always have!
but were very castrated, lost the titles where he was well regarded, and most often by complaints from users who want to run in mario kart
I think people who were satisfied, get too accommodated, and so those who wanted something easier was gaining ground, now the game in itself is only good for the mods you have, but still has its beauty but, project cars, even with monstrous graphics I'm more the F1 code in the rain!
I think it is important to clarify that are being lost, but I believe that will redeem on the new generation, is what I hope

Imo they should have used F1 2010 as the base and add additionally content from upcoming years to that game.
I agree, I understand that an annual release will never have the quality of a project cars, as some would (how many years is being done?) but if a game was the base (provided with an engine that accepts all kinds of situations) they could go improving gradually, while we use the game, this worked for project cars, and every year launch a carset!

Maybe there's something wrong with my view. I have played formula one racing games since Geoff Crammonds Grand prix 1, which looked like cartoon cars. Then GP2, 3 and 4. Each time a little better. Then I came across Code Masters F1 2010. WOW ! ! ! Then I bought 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Each time I bought the game I felt it got better and better. No whinging from this Aussie....Bring on F1 2015. Can't wait.

For me the career mode is the main thing(not talking about AI etc, just game modes...) since that is what I play 99% of the time in F1 games, and the reason I have spent alot more time on moding then racing in F1 2013 since the career mode is so boring...

For for me they really need a good career mode or Im just going for project cars... And I start to doubt about career mode this year, since is no words of it yet. And when people ask on the codemasters forum all they answer on career quastions is: ''In F1 2015 you pick a driver/team and race as them'' So almost start to wonder if there is even a proper career mode where you create a driver etc.. But will wait for more info ofc, since dont know much about game modes yet and dont even know anything about pro season mode.

So yeah, im not even going to consider buy this year game if there is no/the same career mode as the last games, since then I just buy Project Cars...

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back