Multiple installs of Steam version of SCE

Hi everybody,
Is it possible to have multiple copies of SCE (steam version) running in parallel?
I have recently jumped into this great sim, I love it, but I initially went a little "mod crazy" trying so many of them on my copy of SCE that I wanted to start fresh. :). As a side note, I own both SCE and rFactor on Steam, and I've gone through the same crazyness with rFactor. In doing so, I came across this wonderful guide that was posted on the Steam community for rFactor which is entitled "Managing Multiple Installs" (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402188900). I've used it for rFactor and it works really well. I was curious to see if it would work on SCE as well but I'm always getting errors when launching my second copy of SCE. My trace.txt reports:
TRACE LEVEL = 5
NetComm.cpp 11276: NetComm checking command line: "trace=5 config=ConfigOpenWheels.ini"
game.cpp 1330: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 562: Entered OSMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2591: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
setup.cpp 2904: Could not find any scene files. Possible problems:
setup.cpp 2905: 1) Incorrect season or tracks directory specified in config.ini
setup.cpp 2906: 2) We do not have read permission for those directories
setup.cpp 2907: 3) There are no scene files!
setup.cpp 2966: Number of SCN files found was 0, but those passing RFM filter were 0
game.cpp 1286: No scene files found
game.cpp 1960: Entered Game::Exit()
Before I spend any more time trying to get this to work, I wanted to verify if I was simply wasting my time? Can this work with SCE? I am in the process of getting Process Monitor traces to see if I can figure out what's going on, but maybe it's simply not meant to be...
Thank you very in advance for any help you may provide!
Regards,
Sebastien

As I recall rFactor for steam was redesigned in some ways to allow for multiple installs as well as other improvements.

(I can't say for sure) I think that GSC steam is not supporting this feature yet, and I bet it will be coming soon.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%