1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Multiplayer supported?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Bram, May 25, 2010.

1. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,284
    When will multiplayer become available for Racer?

2. Cosmo°

Cosmo°

Ratings:
    +53
    Racer has actually been featuring multiplayer support for a long time already, more than seven years from my own experience and memory :)

3. st0ff

st0ff

Ratings:
    +0
    well, butyou need one of the betas, the "0.5final" doesn't suffice I think...

4. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    well, i ever know multiplayer had a lot of bugs... if the other person doesnt have your car, your car disappeared. Isnt it?

5. Miura

Miura

Ratings:
    +0
    The multiplayer lobby in the recent versions doesn't work very well in practice. Last time I tried it, both players always had the same car even if the joining player tried to choose a different one. Also, it's hard enough to keep the cars and tracks synchronized between friends. I imagine random people joining the lobby would have trouble getting a game going with anything other than Carlswood and Murcielago combination.

The host/join with IP address in old Racer versions buggy in some ways, but usually it worked well enough to be fun.

6. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,284
    Are there any plans to develop a lobby system for servers?