1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer supported?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Bram, May 25, 2010.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

When will multiplayer become available for Racer?
  2. Racer has actually been featuring multiplayer support for a long time already, more than seven years from my own experience and memory :)
  3. well, butyou need one of the betas, the "0.5final" doesn't suffice I think...
  4. well, i ever know multiplayer had a lot of bugs... if the other person doesnt have your car, your car disappeared. Isnt it?
  5. The multiplayer lobby in the recent versions doesn't work very well in practice. Last time I tried it, both players always had the same car even if the joining player tried to choose a different one. Also, it's hard enough to keep the cars and tracks synchronized between friends. I imagine random people joining the lobby would have trouble getting a game going with anything other than Carlswood and Murcielago combination.

The host/join with IP address in old Racer versions buggy in some ways, but usually it worked well enough to be fun.
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Are there any plans to develop a lobby system for servers?