Multiplayer server re-opened

Re-opened
http://home.broadpark.no/~gisljohn/racer/

gizmo-gizmo.dyndns.org
Racer cars and tracks for server!Download the game, cars and tracks here wich will be used by users to see eachother on the server: gizmo-gizmo.dyndns.org

Last update: 25.08.2013: Updates on page. There are 14 cars for download

How to..?
You need to install the Racer0655 and all cars on the links below in order to see other players racing them
Important!! Dont try to connect with another version of Racer. It will probably kill the server due to bugs!
Join by selecting "Join multiplayer" in Racers menu​

Game

Racer 0.655

Cars

D1 Drift cars

BMW

Tracks

Carlwsood wich is default in Racer

Yeah I appreciate the benefits of those things.

It's just the content is all so old for that version now... and it's missing oodles of improvements (alongside some issues I will admit)

Tis a tough one, but a reason why I wish Ruud would focus on Free Racer for just a small while to 'tidy up' the multiplayer stuff a bit.

Ie, we need a dedicated server that just runs a console ideally, with abilities to kick, restart, message, set track variables etc that the client machines then use (ie, rain, etc)

Also maybe having a feature so clients can be sent content from those servers would be really cool!

Also being able to use one car folder but have multiple shader definitions (nested like the Lambo's gearbox options for example) but then send the players config over the network so users can see each others cars in their config but not needing about 10 car folders with identical data but just a changed colour texture!

Basically making multiplayer a real feature that can be used and enjoyed easily :D

Dave

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing