Multiplayer Rant

So I am not always looking for a hardcore racing experience or club races. Sometimes I just want to hop online and have some casual racing in a friendly and respectable manner.
What really dissapoints me in AMS is the online community regarding content and accessability of the servers.
I understand that if you are running a league you will set a password so you don´t get interrupted by the usual Dorks, no problem with that.
But the amount of different (special) tracks and content (cars) really turns me down personally.
In most every case I´m looking for some casual racing in AMS it is that the populated servers are either password limited or running some weird content, mods with descriptions like reiza51 or some other weird naming or tracks I never heard of because they are a bad translation from some ancient rf1 track :cry::poop:.
So just to vent off some frustration about the current situation.... if everyone features some kind of different mod we will never have a working online community in AMS.
Which brings me to the point that I have started to look in other sims for online races since I have a way better chance to get what I want.

So my bidding is that if you are in the position of running a server in AMS online, please consider that the behaviour I explained above will ruin the online community in AMS. In the end will drive people away from AMS.
Sometimes it´s better to stick to standard content since everyone has it on his computer for racing fun.
Actually it doesn´t matter to me that much what track I´m racing on and what car but more importantly that I can race against other people and have a fun challenge.
I really would like to see more standard content servers in AMS ... keep racing :thumbsup:

All the best and see you online ;)

people want their favourite cars in their favourite sims
But that's why I'm different I guess. I don't have favourite cars I must drive, I have favourite cars in a given sim that fulfill my desires and interests. I love the Formula V12 in AMS but I don't think I'd be nearly as in love with an equivalent car in AC. What I love in various sims varies by the sim because they're all different and ultimately wrong models of reality so what works well and works less well varies and to be married to a particular car or model is to me silly. Certainly to be married to a kind of racing from a kind of era is definitely sensible. Some just love older cars that have no electronics and an H pattern, but does it matter if its a 74 RSR? Does it have to bloody be that same friggin car?

Can't it just be that some of us actually like GT3 as a series in RL and also like to race them online?

Yes that's fair but why does it seem to be to such exclusive detriment to other types of car? You say GT3 and everyone wets their pants, but you say V8Supercar and only some wet their pants even though its a great series, better than most GT3 frankly. GT3 homologation isn't anything special, its just another standard that's very popular in the modern setting because it allows lots of teams and drivers to compete across many series in a single season with low costs.

As an actual racing platform its rather dull and this is shown in how many gentlemen drivers with no chops use them to get on the grid to live out their childhood dreams.

Most people are into GT3 we like it or not. I like a mix, V8SC and F3 are great cars for online racing in AMS, they have the perfect formula, one has nice top speed, big braking points, low grip, the other has a ton of grip and not so high top speeds, perfect.
But if to get more people racing online in AMS (that is a sim I like) I need more GT3 cars so be it.

But that's why I'm different I guess. I don't have favourite cars I must drive, I have favourite cars in a given sim that fulfill my desires and interests. I love the Formula V12 in AMS but I don't think I'd be nearly as in love with an equivalent car in AC. What I love in various sims varies by the sim because they're all different and ultimately wrong models of reality so what works well and works less well varies and to be married to a particular car or model is to me silly. Certainly to be married to a kind of racing from a kind of era is definitely sensible. Some just love older cars that have no electronics and an H pattern, but does it matter if its a 74 RSR? Does it have to bloody be that same friggin car?

Yes that's fair but why does it seem to be to such exclusive detriment to other types of car? You say GT3 and everyone wets their pants, but you say V8Supercar and only some wet their pants even though its a great series, better than most GT3 frankly. GT3 homologation isn't anything special, its just another standard that's very popular in the modern setting because it allows lots of teams and drivers to compete across many series in a single season with low costs.

As an actual racing platform its rather dull and this is shown in how many gentlemen drivers with no chops use them to get on the grid to live out their childhood dreams.
I totally get what you're saying. I think it's because GT3 represents cars that people dream of owning for the road or were lucky enough to be able to afford the 'low' costs to live out those dreams racing for a team... ;)

I love the V8s just as much. I don't think it's any better or worse and still fairly impossible for someone who isn't financially blessed to race in. Both series offer close racing and are enjoyable to watch and race in a sim.

It would be great if the servers for all these sims could randomise the tracks and cars automatically. Would pitch the same drivers that just raced GT3 against each other in say the touring cars or the F3 or classic F1. Would be great to even throw in some of the classics to see who has the real skills to control the cars too.

This is all stuff that the Devs could implement I'm sure.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 3.7%