F1 2012 Multiplayer issues

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

Me and my brother bought F1 2012 and now we would like to play it online (co-op). I can invite him and all, but when we go into a race one of us always gets kicked...

We use the same network but we have 2 different steam accounts so I don't get what the problem is.
We use mods tho, but we both have the same mods installed. Are the mods the issue here?

We also use a Apple Time capsule as our modem. We use Windows computers. Can this be an issue? We tried to create ports, but we don't really get it, and it doesn't work.

Can someone help?

Thank you!

1. Do you try to connect over LAN or do you use Steam servers?
2. The mods, that modify the database (teams, driver names etc.), usually make you disconnect as soon as you get on the track. I had this problem once with the mod that enables devmode.

You should also be aware that MODS are not the only cause here. I experienced the same with my team mate, while running F1 2011. No reason here why 2012 should be any different.
Problem was his machine that was too low spec versus high performance. I could always join and host races without any problem. With him, he always got kicked or the session timed out.
So you can check if you can BOTH host and join races without being kicked with other players than you 2 guys. If only one of you can do this, the "low" specs of the hardware of the other person is the guilty one. Despite you can play other online games OK.
We tried it in both Online and LAN, with verified graphical MODS only. His machine was the casue. He bought and installed a new and faster one. Problem solved.

We tried something similar last week-end. Thanks Graham Laing all Graphics worked fine, we were testing my new Braveheart Disocvery car and team MOD, but the tiny change in DB file (only a nationality id) was the cause of no LAN no Online. Original DB file back (no issue for us as it was only a small nationality flag) in place, and everything worked like a charm. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%