• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

multiplayer issue

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Michael Tobin, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi i could use a bit of help. I have been using dedicated servers for months with no issues but as of yesterday i can't seem to find my own one anymore. I know it is up and running but when i go into the launcher it just doesn't seem to be there. It has been working for ages so all the ports are open and i have no idea what would cause this to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,398
    Do you use a static IP for the PC running the server?

If not:

At my home network 99% of the times my PC starts with the same IP to forward on the router. But sometimes it changes. With the issue you discribe.

A change in the firewall might be the issue too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +3
    Gijs you are a legend, my ip had changed just like you said. That was wrecking my head all yesterday and today and couldn't figure out what went wrong. Thanks mate

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +3
    i think i spoke too soon, i can see the server now in the launcher but the problem now is when i go to join it after a couple of seconds it says server connection failed! any more pearls of wisdom?