• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

multiplayer in wine/crossover

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Mingus, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Mingus

Mingus

Ratings:
    +0
    hey,
    I'm trying to host and join a multiplayer game. I'm using racer 0.8.15 with crossover or wine. But racer tells me I'm not connected. Is it cause crossover/wine can't see my internet connection? or do I have to change some settings. I want to use it with two crossover/wine-using computers...
    If this is impossible, would it be possible to do it with an early mac version of racer v0.5.0 or 0.5.4.3? (both computers are mac)
    As far as I know, I cant connect there either:(

2. macracer

macracer

Ratings:
    +0
    A late answer:
    050f works with multiplayer. But only two macs. You have to turn off firewall on host and host should have a fix IP adress, for those create a new network environment and try 192.168.0.98 (TCP/IP).
    Then open racer.ini from joining mac, scroll down to "multiplayer" and enable=1.
    server_remote=192.168.0.98 should be host IP; use_remote=1 and the other leave like it is.

Now join both macs, open racer, host and join.

On 054 the same. With Crossover I didnĀ“t try.

Good luck
    macracer