1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer, Dedicated Server

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by BattleOvce, Mar 1, 2016.

1. BattleOvce

Premium Member

Multiplayer lobby is empty, no servers appear
    Im running public/league servers, I will not write down a anem of community, do not want to be blocked. I tried to make a server in Automobilista, same way as I did in SCE. But I cant see him in lobby as well as other servers.

Multiplayer is blocked in early acces ? Thank you for help and answers
  2. xnorb

Premium Member

I didn't see any when clicking on the Multiplayer tab in the main menu.
    But in Steam under View -> Servers and setting the filter to Automobilista i found 4 servers yesterday and 7 servers right now.
  3. http://steamcommunity.com/games/431600/announcements/detail/988909348264509862

Joining a Multiplayer Event
    At present it is not possible to join a multiplayer event. We will fix this in tonight's update. Once it is possible you do it as follows:

The in game server list does not presently list servers.

To view servers with in your steam client click 'View - Servers' Then under filters, choose Automobilista for Game.

We will in future add a better method for joining online servers.

4. Marcel Kleene

Marcel Kleene
    Premium Member

Mod Edit: Advertising is not allowed under RD ToS.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2016
  5. BattleOvce

Premium Member

I do not have a filter for automobilista there, and sorting by game name didnt help, I wrote post below that annoucement and got answer that it will be fixed soon :) But Im glad to see that my 100mbitracing server can be seen there :) Thank you for answer ;-)
  6. Dietmar

Premium Member

I had the same I just now recognized, the list is not completely alphabetic, Automobilista shows as last entry in the list.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Once selected, it does move to its alphabetical place. :)
    Only one server online currently, though.
  8. Whenever I try to join a server this way it either immediately crashes to the main menu when opening game or it will let me join the server and then about 10 seconds later will do the same thing. Anyone able to drive on a server yet?
  9. Make sure you created a new profile in AMS itself. Copied UserData from GSCE does not work in MP
  10. I created a new profile during my first boot of the game if that's what you mean?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BattleOvce

Premium Member

Ok I see that Automobilista filter has been added. Another problem, how can I set more than one server? I turn on one trough steam - working, I cant set 2nd server, I went to the main folder turned on ams dedicated server exe file. Set 2nd server and 3rd server but they do not display in the list ? Any help ?
  12. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

How did you get your first server to show up? What ports did you open?
  13. BattleOvce

Premium Member

I only clicked on play - dedicated server - set what I need and run the server. You probably need public IP adress. I didnt need to push or open any ports.
  14. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

Strange, I have successfully ran SCE servers in the past. Not sure where to go from here.
  15. BattleOvce

Premium Member

Me too, I was running like 4 - 6 servers without any problem in SCE.
  16. I have a server running, and showing up on the internet list. Can you join your own server hosted on the same machine?

When I click join nothing happens?
  17. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

Trying to find this out myself, so far I got nothing.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hi Martin, yes I saw that, also tried running the dedicated server from the .exe in the steam folder, like you still unfortunately still no joy.... i'm sure we will get there soon.
  19. Bez

All the gear, no idea... Premium Member

Did you find a fix for joining your own server?
  20. To join your own server, go to the AMS folder and run AMS.exe manually (since you're already running the dedicated exe, you won't be able to start the game from steam).
    Then, on the Multiplayer option inside the game, click on the "+" icon. It should alredy come with the address. Just click ok and your server will appear on the game browser list.
    Then it's just select the server and connect.