AC Multiclass WEC @ Vallelunga - Saturday 20 May 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You can always mute us during quali and after the race start. For quite a few here, the TS banter is probably as much of an incentive to join these clubraces as the actual racing is.

I actually did mute because it was too much for me in moments where you need to focus completely on the race especially at the start of the race. Im not saying that you shouldnt talk in quali or race, i mean who am i to tell you or others what they should or shouldnt do. What i mean is to keep it lower with the talking in situations of the race where you should focus more on the race and the drivers around you.

Well no offense or something :), i guess im just used to a quiter environment than most of the drivers here. Will have to use the mute button then, its no problem.

Replay
I already looked at the start and I may have been a bit too aggressive, but I did not touch Luka even though his car behaves in a way that would make you think I did. So there might be something wonky going on with the hitbox or it was the effect of me being so close that Luka lost most of his downforce from the rear wing.

The race was pretty fun up until the pitstops. I was managing the hybrid systems pretty well and could keep @Glaurung behind until he pitted. Sadly, my pitstop took about 12 seconds longer and I lost all my time there. After that my pace dropped, probably because I had ended up in no man's land.
Also, did the battery fully recharge during the pitstop? I'm not sure because I had it set to charging in the final sector of the in-lap so I could run fast again during the second stint.

Yeah the Porsche might be a bit too fast in quali but I wonder how much fuel the Audi and the Toyota needed. Did I mess up the strategy or does the Porsche really use that much fuel? If it's the latter, I'd never pick the Porsche again because it would be too slow over these 1h races.

You can always mute us during quali and after the race start. For quite a few here, the TS banter is probably as much of an incentive to join these clubraces as the actual racing is.

Might be a good idea to race a bit more responsible. I mean going wing to wing with less than a 1 cm gap into a 300 km/h right/left sweeper isn't a very good idea, let alone a safe manoeuvre, in my book. No LMP1 pilot would do that in the WEC. Makes it even worse since it was only the first lap of a club race. At 100% damage half of the LMP1 field would have been out right from the start!

I ran the 919 electronics on low preserve. Was good for hot lapping during qualification but not such a great idea for the race. I quickly ran out of energy in the fast sections and a lot of energy was lost through the twisty parts of the track. Therefore I struggled to keep up on the fast straights. Guess this was a lesson learned. The 919 consumed about 2,5L a lap on my side. I started the race with a full tank and had to do a quick splash and dash during the pit window for another 5 laps.

Last edited:
I ran the 919 electronics on low preserve. Was good for hot lapping during qualification but not such a great idea for the race. I quickly ran out of energy in the fast sections and a lot of energy was lost through the twisty parts of the track. Therefore I struggled to keep up on the fast straights.
In quali I used high aggressive and used the Kers button on the longer straight to use all of the available energy of the lap.
In the race I was mostly using high preserve, which barely drained the battery. On the first laps and when Giuseppe got closer I used high aggressive - to charge the lost energy from that I ran 1,5 laps of low preserve for every lap I ran with high aggressive. Like I said, I set it to charging in S3 of the inlap.

The best way to use the KERS button is in Charging mode, and you press the button to accelerate hard out of slow corners or into long straights. You do it up until the end of a certain gear or until you're flat out. These cars keep you at the top speed when you make it, so you want to hit it as soon as possible to go faster.
Vallelunga.jpg

This is how I was driving it, and it seemed to work very well. High Aggressive and those work if you're being lazy, but charging and manual pressing is the quickest way to drive these cars. If you drive a longer circuit like Le Mans, anything other than charging will not work. You have to manually press a bit at the beginning of the 6 long straights or you will lose an awful lot of time.

The best way to use the KERS button is in Charging mode, and you press the button to accelerate hard out of slow corners or into long straights. You do it up until the end of a certain gear or until you're flat out. These cars keep you at the top speed when you make it, so you want to hit it as soon as possible to go faster.
View attachment 192334
This is how I was driving it, and it seemed to work very well. High Aggressive and those work if you're being lazy, but charging and manual pressing is the quickest way to drive these cars. If you drive a longer circuit like Le Mans, anything other than charging will not work. You have to manually press a bit at the beginning of the 6 long straights or you will lose an awful lot of time.

thanks for that, however if I remember correctly you were driving the Toyota and it is a bit different to the Porsche. when I was testing the Toyota I never had trouble with the consumption of energy.

Actually I was pushed into a spin on my screen because my damage indicator also kept blinking from behind. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe lag came into play or anything similar, it was only a couple centimeters between us after all.

Whatever happened, I can't complain after the result so no worries either way :thumbsup:
Yes, from the replay it seems that there was still some tiny gap when Enzo is moving right, it's possible that a little lag played a role here because of the very close distance as he's clearly pushing your rear sideways.
Anyway, I think that the incident do not imply any action to be taken, just a reminder for all to drive more cautiously in the first corners of the first lap.
A screen of the start :cool:
upload_2017-5-21_22-22-35.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back