Multi-player - anybody racing these days?

Racer is currently more like test bed for interesting features and whatnot and less like an actual usable racing simulator, in my opinion.

I hope that once the next Racer final comes out, so with new and updated content, people start to actually race in Racer.

In the meantime, if you want to race online, try out rFactor. I've made two road cars for it - Corvette and Supra, which received quite positive feedback from the community.

Yeah, we had about 3 different servers over the past year.. (or more?) and had some good fun on them. Specifically the most recent one, it actually worked really smoothly - thanks to Mitch iirc!

Racer is a work in progress.. it'll get there someday, but cruising through Poland's countryside and racing on Mugello on my own does it for me!

Err..what do you mean? You can have different cars :S
Everytime I try it, me and the other players have the same cars. Maybe I worded it badly, but when I play online I don't want to drive the same car as everyone else. Which is the issue I've had, everyone has to drive the same car as the host.

Haha, I watched 2 of my friends do that (asking if we'd seen the other one) a few times. Was hilarious..

@Harey, the last server had a choice of a few cars, as did... Gizmo's(?).

Haha, I watched 2 of my friends do that (asking if we'd seen the other one) a few times. Was hilarious..

@Harey, the last server had a choice of a few cars, as did... Gizmo's(?).
"Hello' "Cheero Lad" "Wait what?"

hm well maybe I'm not doing something right then because everytime I've hosted a server I get one car, and other person I drive with, gets the same car, despite not choosing it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%