• Little Aussie Racing Cars: For when three-wide around a hairpin isn't quite close enough.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Multi-player - anybody racing these days?

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Christopher Junkins, May 20, 2011.

1. Christopher Junkins

Christopher Junkins

Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed that NO ONE is in the lobby.

Is there just another server that everyone plays or what?

Or is there a problem on my side?

2. Christopher Junkins

Christopher Junkins

Ratings:
    +0
    Am I missing something? No one's even replied to this one at all lol. I bet it's something dumb on my end.

3. aadilf1

aadilf1

Ratings:
    +164
    yeah nobody plays in the lobby for some reason, there was a race on a few months ago though lol

4. Some1

Some1

Ratings:
    +174
    Racer is currently more like test bed for interesting features and whatnot and less like an actual usable racing simulator, in my opinion.

I hope that once the next Racer final comes out, so with new and updated content, people start to actually race in Racer.

In the meantime, if you want to race online, try out rFactor. I've made two road cars for it - Corvette and Supra, which received quite positive feedback from the community.

5. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Yeah, we had about 3 different servers over the past year.. (or more?) and had some good fun on them. Specifically the most recent one, it actually worked really smoothly - thanks to Mitch iirc!

Racer is a work in progress.. it'll get there someday, but cruising through Poland's countryside and racing on Mugello on my own does it for me!

6. Christopher Junkins

Christopher Junkins

Ratings:
    +0
    darn. I was hoping to hop online, race a bit, and mabey learn a thing or two about racing lol. T_T

7. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +610
    I'd do more multiplayer if everyone could drive different cars. used to race a lot in the older versions when you could have different cars.

8. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Err..what do you mean? You can have different cars :S

9. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +610
    Everytime I try it, me and the other players have the same cars. Maybe I worded it badly, but when I play online I don't want to drive the same car as everyone else. Which is the issue I've had, everyone has to drive the same car as the host.

10. Christopher Junkins

Christopher Junkins

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't care either way. We do need to set up a time though, so we can be on at the same time, and not do the english comedy bit of one guy runs in a door while the other guy goes in/comes out of another door ;) .

11. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Haha, I watched 2 of my friends do that (asking if we'd seen the other one) a few times. Was hilarious..

@Harey, the last server had a choice of a few cars, as did... Gizmo's(?).

12. Harey

Harey

Ratings:
    +610
    "Hello' "Cheero Lad" "Wait what?"

hm well maybe I'm not doing something right then because everytime I've hosted a server I get one car, and other person I drive with, gets the same car, despite not choosing it.

13. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Oookay, you're talking about hosting servers, fair enough.. I dunno.. :tongue: