1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-Class Season 3

Discussion in 'Xbox One | World Endurance Challenge' started by Michael Watts, Jun 2, 2016.

1. LMP1 All cars available Choose wisely

29.4%
  2. LMP2 All cars Available Choose Wisely

41.2%
  3. Renault RS.01 Spec Class (Can be run as it's own Support Series)

23.5%
  4. GT3 (Aston V12, McLaren, Mercedes AMG, RUF, Audi, BMW Z4, Bentley)

41.2%
  5. GTLM ( Ginetta, Corvette, Cadillac, Aston GTE)

58.8%
  6. GT4 ( Mustang, Aston, BMW, Scion)

35.3%
  7. GT4 Ginetta Spec Class (This can also be ran as its own Support Series)

11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

In order to have a true Multi-class we must first designate the cars and drivers with what we have available. I'm posting this poll to see how it should be shaped to provide a good experience in each division. I think Ideally we need to have the Drivers divided into 3-4 classes also determined by level of experience/or rate of Pace. In other word the perennial Front Runners should be in their own class, with Mid-Packers (this includes Me :p) in a class and so-on so-forth.
    Please leave below your ideas and opinions on this as all ideas will be considered.
    right now Toast's idea of 15 drivers divided into 3 classes sets 5 cars per class. Or we could have 16 drivers and 4 cars per class. Keep in mind we're all on the track at the same time.
    There will be no Changing of Cars!!! There will be long enough break between series to research each car. You will however, be able to change classes with someone else if they agree to the terms. You're Points will be tied to your Car and #. If you swap classes with someone, essentially they are taking your points and you are taking their points.
    Also there may be a couple of "Classic" Tracks on the schedule for next season, so be ready!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

We will also more than likely have a Sprint Support Series to run in between the weeks the World Endurance Challenge isn't running. I'm hoping they will run in country or at the same tracks but different configuration as WEC to reduce logistics costs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You spelt bmw m3 wrong

• Haha Haha x 2
  4. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff
    2015 pCars World Endurance Challenge AM Champion

I noticed that as well. I say faster drivers in slower cars.

• Like Like x 1
  5. went for gt3/gtlm/gt4
    having prototypes involved with gt4 machinery (assuming that gets nominated) gets a bit crazy with speed differences, just another thought guys. Then again gt3 and gtlm are a bit too similar in lap times for skill division. I do like the idea of ranked/balance per class and it's probably worth a shot but for now I prefer basing it on individual previous season point standings so there's more choice as a reward for finishing higher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I went with LMP2 GT3 and GTLM. I like the GT4's and wouldn't mind seeing them on the track too. Hopefully we can have a cool Support Series.. Toast!

• Like Like x 1
  7. nice! good choices.
    yeah with some thorough testing in the season break I'll plan out a detailed support series for next season to follow WEC in a more logical fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I think Myself and Spiff can help you in planning the next Support Series, you won't have to go at it alone. Spiff says he has a lot of time to moderate while he's stuck at work. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
  9. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I think for the tracks we'll vote on each location. As there are some really good Classic Tracks, but only so much room on the schedule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

What ever you guys need. I may not be able to compete in every race , but I can help with the forum. It's gets quiet after midnight at work.

11. I went with LMP1, GT3, and GT4 for three clear classes.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I went LMP2, GTLM and GT4 to get some variety in cars. This would force people to develop new setups for cars and tracks as well.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I went with RS01 and the Ginetta GT4 series. Just something a little different from the usual run of the mill league races.
    Has anyone ever tried out the Renault Megan V6 Trophy Cup car? That would be a great league with some close racing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AbeWoz

AbeWoz
    Premium Member

we are running a Ginetta GT4 series on the PC side, and the racing is really intense. We are doing a 20 minute sprint race, and the finishing order makes the grid for the 60 minute feature race. Sprint race starting grid determined by points (lowest-P1 and then on up).

15. I was in the process of ordering parts to build a gaming PC, but with the new Xbox releasing next year (4x the power of the current XB1) and Microsoft's move to merge PC and console PC gaming I'll likely hold off as I'm sure it will be one hell of a device with full 4K and VR (rift) support for a fraction of the cost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  16. AbeWoz

AbeWoz
    Premium Member

hope the eliminate the button redundancy on the wheels/allow usb button boxes, etc (like PS4 does now). Its nice to be able to use every button on my F1 rim as well as my Thurstmaster MFD from my flight sim as a button box that has ARB adj, engine start/stop, TC/ABS, etc. But i hope with the new console, cross platform racing will be a possibility. much like World of Tanks can play XB1 and XB360 together.

17. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

The one thing that is awesome on the PS4 is that I can map every button on the T300 base and 599 wheel to whatever I want. Microsoft should take a lesson in that. I mapped brake bias, Seating position up and down and a couple of other things. May try ARB mapping for tuning.

18. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I think Adjustable ARB's are only available on some cars. But they all work the same and are a very important adjustment in this game.

19. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff

Wasn't sure. I know the brake bias is adjustable on the GT3 cars. Unfortunately Xbox feels that the A button needs to be linked to have of the buttons so button set up is at a premium.

20. AbeWoz

AbeWoz
    Premium Member

yeah ARBs are only avail for certain cars, but its nice to have it mapped to something. I also have buttons mapped for crewchief to repeat messages etc.