1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Multi-Class Madness - Sunday 9th August 2015

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Weekly multi-class madness comes to RaceRoom Racing Experience! This week we take the mighty Group 5 and pit it against our friends from Stutgart in the BMW M1 Procar alongside the mighty Touring Classics.

A 45 minute race on the tight confines of Norisring... are you man enough?

Please note: Mechanical damage will be on for this event.

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
    Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
    Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
    RaceDepartment.com
    Cars: Group 5 / BMW M1 ProCar / Touring Classics
    Track: Norisring

Practice: 18:00 GMT (20 minutes)
    Qualifying: 18:20 GMT (20 minutes)
    Race: 18:40 GMT (45 minutes)

Entry List

Group 5:

• Matej Lakota
      • Andrew Harper
      • Oscar Hardwick
      • Voltaic
      • Magnus Stjerneby
      • Free slot
    M1 Cup:
      • Paul Jeffrey
      • Carl Durand
      • Lars Johansson
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
    Touring Classics:
      • Roy Magnes
      • Blx
      • Ole Marius Myrvold
      • Richard Booms
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot
      • Free slot

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Im in for M1 cup :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Beemer 320T for me, please :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. And there go's #3 :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Should be a good race this one, hoping for a big grid so sign up early folks ;)
    G5's round a tight street track for 45 minutes....

6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Yeah I'm manly enough for a group 5 (but I need permission from my mummy).

Sign me up please! :thumbsup:

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. PaulH

PaulH
    Premium Member

I'll try that M1 Cup plz :thumbsup:, also was thinking could we have a mandatory pit stop for the Endurance races adds a little bit of strategy(for future races) :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ah Mr. Hurlow, a very good idea sir! What does everyone think...? Pit stops for future Sunday night enduro's, fancy it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

Good for me, of course, and could you strech event, or next endurance events to (at least) one hour, if other guys will be also for that option :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. That would make practise and qualy only 15 minutes a piece....

Also while i wouldnt mind a longer enduro, im not sure others would be so willing.
    And the pit stop thing, cracking idea imo (@Paul Jeffrey ) what are your thoughts on longer enduro time ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

I'm happy to 'go with the flow'... I personally like 1hour with 30 min Practice and 15 Quali, however i'd be happy with whatever you guys out there in the forums want to do...
    Come on folks, let us all know what you want and we'll make it happen :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

13. Oscar Hardwick

Oscar Hardwick
    RDTCC S9 Champion Premium Member

@Paul Jeffrey I am tempted to say that content that lends itself to a multi-class environment that people will sign up to is yet to come. Somewhere in the near future we're getting a Group C Nissan and a GTO spec Nissan meaning you could run those two plus the Audi 90 (a GTO class car) and run that at some American tracks as they would have done in IMSA back in the day.

You'll find people, whether they say so or not like to keep things pretty realistic. So the Daytona Prototypes with a GT3 field would be pretty close to the Grand-Am days and the Radical with GT3/ GT2 would not be dissimilar to ELMS.

I think as a more general point. 2 classes instead of 3 would be a good move and would make more people sign up as more classes would have a denser population come race night.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Hi Oscar and thanks for the reply.
    Agree with you 100% about trying to keep it as realistic as possible... I would imagine that a lot of people, like myself, 'Sim' because we are frustrated race car drivers who don't have £millions to spend funding a real drive in top class series around the world. Would totally agree about the DP/GT3 and ELMS replica type events... actually a DP based multiclass is something I was going to discuss with @Durand1981 tomorrow on TS for later on in August.
    I see the merit in your point about keeping it to 2 classes and think that is an excellent idea going forward. Obviously again Carl & I need to discuss this but I absolutely see no reason why this cant be implemented for future events...
    Referring back to the content comment, I also would like to add the LMP1 Audi has been rumored for quite a while (I think Anthony at Sector 3 said it was done and awaiting physics), so that should open up some further options down the line..
    One thing that currently restricts us with these events (and we are working on it as a top priority), silly as it sounds, is working with software editors to create those pretty pictures at the top of the posts! To be perfectly frank, the upcoming multiclass next Sunday, and the one following it, have been chosen because Kjell had already created the flyers! :redface: We'll get it worked out soon I'm sure!
    Thanks for taking the time to post though mate, really appreciate it. Like your suggestions and will work towards setting some of these in motion asap..

On a side note, congratulations on your top result in the DTM Virtual Championship last time out! Good result (I've yet to watch the race but I'm house bound for the next week so i'll have plenty of time to catch up :))

Cheers, see you on track!

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  15. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium Member

FINALLY! More Racing Experience to the people! I'm in, Turbo-brick it is!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sorry for my lack of attendance, euro truck 2 simulator is both winding me up yet thoroughly therapeutic at the same time and got me hooked. I really dont think they thought about speed limits in UK as im sure its 70MPH on motorway yet i been fined for speeding at 55MPH and its my cap speed the limiter wont let me go any faster. am i missing something lol ?

17. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

@Durand1981
    Go into settings, disable the speed-limiter.....my Volvo goes 100 MPH now. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Filip - Turbo Brick - Volvo I assume :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Currently on holiday but intend to join for a few races when I'm back