Resource icon

3D Models Muffler Mod 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
MicrowaveOven is responsible for the muffler model. IIRC he just enlarged the end of the muffler so it was the same size as the middle part. I assume he used a modeling tool like Blender. I used Unity Assets Explorer to extract the texture's DDS file, opened it in GIMP, replaced the color to make it chrome, then repacked it back into the original texture format using UAE again. Then I extracted the raw texture file from sharedassets2 using Asset Bundle Extractor and used that to actually make the mod exe

Sure. First you need to find the right texture you want to mod. I open up UAE, enable DDS preview, and scan for what I'm looking for in sharedassets 1 or 2. Once I find it, I extract the file, making sure .TEX to .DDS is enabled and fire up GIMP. From GIMP I modify the file I extracted, which in the muffler's case is motorparts_atlas_spec.tex from sharedassets1. What I did was just replace the red square in the spec file with white. Yeah. White = chrome apparently. From there I resave the .DDS file, making sure mipmaps are generated and the file size is fine, and put it back in to the sharedassets file using UAE or ABE.

Sure. First you need to find the right texture you want to mod. I open up UAE, enable DDS preview, and scan for what I'm looking for in sharedassets 1 or 2. Once I find it, I extract the file, making sure .TEX to .DDS is enabled and fire up GIMP. From GIMP I modify the file I extracted, which in the muffler's case is motorparts_atlas_spec.tex from sharedassets1. What I did was just replace the red square in the spec file with white. Yeah. White = chrome apparently. From there I resave the .DDS file, making sure mipmaps are generated and the file size is fine, and put it back in to the sharedassets file using UAE or ABE.
Sorry its taken me a while to respond to this. I havent been around my pc in almost a month. I know how to make the mods and I use paint.net, and I'm familiar UAE but I did not know it was that simple. There are also two red squares. one in motorparts_atlas_spec.tex, and one in the motorparts_atlas.tex so did you make them the same color or only the motorparts_atlas_spec.texture? What is ABE?

Sorry its taken me a while to respond to this. I havent been around my pc in almost a month. I know how to make the mods and I use paint.net, and I'm familiar UAE but I did not know it was that simple. There are also two red squares. one in motorparts_atlas_spec.tex, and one in the motorparts_atlas.tex so did you make them the same color or only the motorparts_atlas_spec.texture? What is ABE?
Sorry for taking so long man, kinda forgot about this site, school and life picked up there for a while. I only changed the red square to white in the spec texture file. ABE is (Unity) Assets Bundle Extractor https://github.com/DerPopo/UABE .

Download link doesn't work?

EDIT. Never mind, it was all fault of Avast. :)
Lol, btw does this mod show up as a false positive because it's an exe? I'm on Win10 and so only use (read: am forced) to use Microsoft Security Essentials and never noticed anything while running the mod installer, but wasn't sure about other AV's.

It made the muffler chrome but it did not change the "tip" of it?
20170617215732_1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back