1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mt Panorama on GSC

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by Nox, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Hi,

I've heard that Team ORSM don't approve of the illegal conversion of Mt Panorama to Game Stock Car Extreme. I wanted to ask, if I may be so bold, if this stance might be reconsidered so we could use the track in the GSC club (after all, GSC is basically rF1 improved). Are there plans to release it for GSCE ever?

No harm in asking if there are plans for this, hope it doesn't upset anyone.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good luck ^^

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Are there not other legal conversions we can use?

4. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Not that I know of Jim. Hopefully someone at team ORSM can let us know their stance on this, I know the racing club would absolutely love this track.

5. Hi Andrew

It's not the fact that this platform is based on the ISI framework. but ORSM does have certain rights to the work it completes and the individuals who have spent their time to complete the work for the rFactor community to use.

Remember, the work was completed by people like you and I, and the 2 modellers (Stu and Krunch) spent literally over a thousand man hours to complete the modelling. ON top of that, we had a team of about 10-15 people testing the thing for hundreds of hours after that to get it to a releasable standard.

I will ask Krunch, but based on the fact someone has completed the conversion without being granted permission initially, then I would think the polite way to approach it would be to have the person who completed the conversion request permission. No guarantees though.

Bacon

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Thanks for the reply. I completely understand where you're coming from, which is the reason I am here asking politely.

I'm not sure who did the conversion, and I have next to no experience modding stuff personally. At the end of the day, I'm just one guy following the rules regarding respecting people's work. I'm saying that there's a whole bunch of people who'd like to take those hundreds of hours that were put in to good use, and continue to enjoy the end result, this time on GSC. If the answer is no, I'll respect that, but as I said above I thought I'd at least ask. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew, thanks for having the integrity to ask.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

9. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

@krunch @still_bacon

I'm trying to do this the right way and ask for permission; I'd appreciate your feedback/answer :thumbsup:. Any chance of this happening, please? Bathurst for GSCE? I'd assume you'd like as many people as possible to enjoy your creation. :)

10. Andrew, this has been passed to Krunch, but I would be pissed if it was me, as the person who converted it didn't have the balls to own up, or to claim he did it.

The fact is what you are asking to do is walk into a store, and walk up to the counter and say "Hi. I know this guy who stole one of your Ipads from the display, and I just want to know if you mind me taking it from him, and handing it around to all my mates.."

What response would you expect in that situation?

11. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Yes, I understand, honestly. I am only dismayed by the slow responses. If the answer is no, just say no. I feel like I'm having to walk on eggshells.

So, let me approach this in the proper way then. May I please have permission to convert Bathurst to GSCE?

12. Nox

Nox
    Staff Premium Member

Any response would be polite... Sorry if I am starting to sound impatient, but I have been trying to ask for permission in the proper way for going on three whole months now with no progress whatsoever. May we please have permission to release Bathurst converted for GSCE?

I have to add, with the obvious risk of being rejected just for saying so, that the lack of dialog and the difficulty in conversing with Team ORSM about this matter is frustrating; it's no wonder some people have gone ahead and done it without permission. Not everyone is willing to ask properly, as I am. Please don't fob off those trying to do it properly. Let more people enjoy those thousands of hours you put in, it's a niche enough community as it is.

13. This area isn't mine to make comment on normally but Still-Bacon has given you your answer even if it is in a roundabout way.
    Put simple; No permission is given.
    When and If this version of the track is made for other gaming formats it will be ORSM, Krunch who dose it. I say "If" because it maybe simpler to scratch build to maintain a high quality were conversions rarely do.

If you go ahead and do as you wont you'll be adding to the growing list of modders out there that are not making content for any platform because their tied of seeing low quality conversions such as the ORSM V8 cars to rF2 for example.
    Wait or put a team together that can build content. That's what FVR did and now their working on rF2 along side other ISI gMotor formatted games.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015