1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI GTX 780Ti 3GB

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Chris Partridge, Mar 7, 2014.

1. My 780Ti has arrived and is installed to replace my 2 x GTX 680 2GB cards in SLI. Very pleased with the results overall for my triple screen rig at 5760 x 1080.

Three screens connected to one card: one via HDMI (with a DVI adapter into the monitor) and two via DVI-I.

These are the FPS using Build 494 of rFactor2 and a standard test.

Red = 780Ti single card 3GB
    Blue = 680 SLI 2GB x2

[​IMG]

Seeing a 30% increase in pCARS and AC.

In rF2, VRAM usage is around 1.8GB for 16 AI at Silverstone. With the 680s it was just over the 2GB level.

Temperature under load is 58C for the 780Ti. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  2. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Nice upgrade! Any reason you upgraded now to replace your two previous cards?

3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Oh and what program are you using for the graphs. I got some ideas I want to do but no idea how to graph them without using spread sheets.

4. I was hitting the VRAM limit - actually exceeding it - with the two 680s and wanted a little bit more uumpph in the visuals department. The 780Ti delivers that in spades! Next year will upgrade the whole PC for the new i7 5xxxk CPUs and then I'll go for a single 880 GTX probably.

The program for the graphs is simply excel - i import the data into .xl and use the graph function within that to create.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

@Chris Partridge, I think that's the reason Nvidia won't drop the price on the titan. The higher the vram the longer life you get from your cards imho. I'm trying to figure out my upgrade plan for the new Intel octo-core chips when they become available. Also a pair of the titan replacements.

The amount of data I'm trying to graph breaks excel every time for me. Well at least open office.

6. do you have any stats for ac by any case?

7. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

Not sure what your asking? I have some logs I've done a while back still.

8. What I mean is: How does this card handles AC in triple screen

9. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

From the graph that @Chris Partridge posted it looks like it only got below 60 fps one and just barely. Not sure which graphic settings he is using.

10. so it's the same for rF2 as for AC then?

11. Yes, pretty much -- if not slightly more for AC.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus
    Mid pack attack!

My fault, I thought that was AC. If he got that performance in rfactor 2 then it would be better in AC. AC is much more optimised then rfactor 2.

• Beer Beer x 1