Mr Pibb's 2013 Mod

Edit 24th March 2013: Track extension pack including 2013 pitstand order released.
Edit 10th March: v2.0 of the mod now available. Helmets now included.

Hi. As many of you may remember, last year I released a 2012 mod for the then F12011 game. This proved to be quite popular with just under 10,000 downloads, so in the same vein for this year's F12012 game, I've updated pretty much everything I can think of to 2013 season.

I've updated the following:

Driver names
Driver stats
Driver nationalities
Driver numbers
Driver comments
Driver birthday
Driver uniforms
Driver icons (rival images etc)
Driver voices

Team names
Team stats
Team order
Team HRT removed
Team Marrusia - kers enabled
Team pitstand uniforms corrected

Cars: I've not updated car liveries except for the driver name and car number.
So this HAS been changed on car livery.

Main menu opening screen
Main menu driver selection graphics
Main menu driver selection flags
Main menu driver selection car numbers

Race dates

Track selection menus
Track order (19 race - 2013 order)
Track introduction graphics
Track records
Track stats

Tyre colours (but not in tyre select menu sadly)

Helmets: The following helmets for new drivers and drivers that have swapped teams (except Charles Pic) have been included:

Sergio Perez (by Supla007)
Lewis Hamilton (by Gerald Chinoy)
Nico Hulkenberg (by Supla007)
Esteban Gutierrez (by Supla007)
Adrian Sutil (by Gerald Chinoy)
Valatteri Bottas (by Gerald Chinoy)
Giedo van der Garde (by Gerald Chinoy)
Jules Bianchi (by MagicalTrevor)
Max Chilton (by Gerald Chinoy)

Note that team mate challenge names have not been changed. This is because I can't find where to change that! If someone can point me in the right direction, I'll patch this.

It is important to note that this mod does NOT alter any performances etc. There are no "hacks" in that respect. Game will perform as bog standard. Essentially it is just a graphical/stats/language update to feel like 2013 season. While many things may be far from exactly how they appear in 2013, things are good enough for me to make it pretty much feel and look like 2013 season for my liking. I'm not anal about these things. This is a personal mod released for others to enjoy. Take it or leave it.

In addition, please note that all files provided are in bog standard game resolutions. This is NOT an HD update. Game fraps should perform as per standard game, just with a 2013 feel about it.

I think that's it.

Some screenies:

1Welcome_zpsc2be0e12.jpg

2Menu_zpsed249cae.jpg

3Track_zps7072c495.jpg

4Garage_zps871cc3d7.jpg

5OnTrack_zps488ce152.jpg

6Driver_zpsc2d786b7.jpg

This mod patches to true 2013 team order, your current save game may be considered corrupt, and you may be forced to restart your career.

You will probably not be able to play online with this mod. I don't play online so it's not tested, but I doubt it'll be online compatible due to 19 teams/2013 team order.

In addition to the above and as an optional extra, I have updated track graphics. Any obvious existing signage around a track that had the old F1 2012 logo has been replaced by a new F1 2013 logo. This is a separate download, and is called Track Extension Pack v1.0. It is suitable as a standalone package and doesn't necessarily need the 2013 mod. However, if you're using the 2013 mod above and want to install the track pack too, you're better off using my track and pitstand extension pack instead of this track pack. See below for further details.

If you see any other obvious F1 2012 logos to change, please let me know.

Some more screenies:

7F12013Logos_zpse25539ea.jpg

As mentioned above I have also created another Track Extension Pack. This one is the same as above but in addition, it also updates pitstands to 2013 team order. This is called Track and Pitstand Extension Pack v1.0.
This is only suitable if you download and use the 2013 mod as the 2013 mod gives true 2013 team order in the pitlane. Due to the larger file size, it is split into 2 separate parts. See below for links.

Some screenies showing full length of pitlane follows. Note that the last pitstand (not used due to removal of HRT) is now a Pirelli stand.

Pitstand01Redbull_zpsf1426d4e.jpg

Pitstand02Ferrari_zps575d014d.jpg

Pitstand03Mclaren_zps083f0afa.jpg

Pitstand04Lotus_zps0465fcad.jpg

Pitstand05Mercedes_zps78ef3fe5.jpg

Pitstand06Sauber_zpsd387bd68.jpg

Pitstand07ForceIndia_zpsf14c67d4.jpg

Pitstand08Williams_zps48c62942.jpg

Pitstand09TorroRosso_zps08ff77d2.jpg

Pitstand10Caterham_zps6a69585c.jpg

Pitstand11Marussia_zpsb117a4c1.jpg

Well, that's it really.

Many thanks to Gerald Chinoy, Supla007 and MagicalTrevor for their helmets and permission to include them in this package.

Download (English only) mod v2.0 here

Upgrade from v1.0 of the mod to v2.0 here

Download the track extension pack v1.0 here

Download the track and pitstand extension pack v1.0 part 1 here
Download the track and pitstand extension pack v1.0 part 2 here

Thanks.

Mr Pibb.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 111 12.9%