1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

MP tyre rules

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by James Milligan, Apr 10, 2011.

1. This may be a silly question but in online races more than 10% can you do the race without changing tyres. I mean does the rule (set of hard + soft) not apply. If this is the case is it only when the rules are "reduced."

2. As far as I am aware the rules are the same for multiplayer as single player: races of 20% or more require you to run both compounds unless it rains.

3. Thats what I thought. Had a race tonight where the guy in front stayed about the same distance ahead of me the whole race, I stopped and lost about 20+ seconds but he didn't seem to stop! He/she finished about a pit stop ahead (28sec). Suppose they must have stopped at some stage, I must have missed it, maybe it was early on.. ah well cheers anyway

4. If its raining you dont have to run option+hard... but i'm not sure if you have to change to wet tyres. I had once a race at melbourne where it started "raining" ( no drops on the screen though) after the 3rd lap ( 20%race), I was on primes and decided to stay out until the rain got heavier. This was the case on the 2nd last lap of the race but as soon as i crossed the start/finish line i got disqualified because i didnt change to option tyres.
    So is there a rule that says you have to change to wets or inters when it starts raining ? or what's rain for CM i mean i had drops on the screen halfway through the 2nd last lap ....

5. I had a race at spa online,50% race.Started on options,than changed wit primes.TOwards the end of the race started to rain but sticked with the primes,luckly race finished so i didn't do any other pit stop.
    I know from 20% races pit stop is mandatory,who doesn;t do it is Dq.