1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Moving Nameplate

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Chris Dark, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Chris Dark

Chris Dark

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey guys, i have edited a nameplate for my chevy cruze, but wondered if i can reposition it as you cant really see it

any help is appreciated

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater Premium

Ratings:
    +3,189
    How have you made it? In the skin?

If so, then you can make it a new layer, and move it around in Photoshop.

3. Chris Dark

Chris Dark

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply.
    No i made it as a seperate.dds, it is an stcc template which overrides the default one.

I couldnt see anywhere in the main template where i could add my own custom nameplate as a layer?

does the chevy have a dashboard in the main body.psd?

Thanks

4. Willie Watt

Willie Watt

Ratings:
    +45
    Unfortunately not Chris. Does show up in the cockpit views in the replay tho'. Just a pity that it's positioned just out of view (always helps me remember who I am!!)

5. Chris Dark

Chris Dark

Ratings:
    +2
    ye there's a perfect place central on the chevy in action view :(.
    Is it possible to add text straight to the dash? i looked at the main body template, but the places that looked like it could be it didn't work.

6. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo

Ratings:
    +3,936
    I think no for all, no repositioning and no dashboard skinning possible. Skins have only the outside of the car, dashboard is in games internal files , could be replaced with enough knowledge. Try asking from the modding section, they know a lot more than we how the models are composited. But i have never seen a skinned dashboard, only thing that changes in cockpit are the windows and the nameplate.