Moving game locationto improve load times

I used to have a lot of complaints about this game, but with the latest releases they are getting fewer and fewer. One complaint I still have is that it takes forever to load a session.

I seem to recall that you can tell steam where to save the files of a game and I was wondering what would happen if I moved R3E to my SSD. I have enough space for the game there (not if I have to move all the games in it though, so I hope that moving a single game is possible). I am also wondering if it is possible and if I should also move the folder in My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience or if that would be a waste of time.

What say you? Would it be worth it? Any chance R3E is going to improve session load times in this century?

I had mine on a second HDD and it was dead slow...deleted and re-installed on C drive...no difference...start up is fine,but it still takes 2 or three minutes to load a session. That's my only complaint really...loving the new updates...steering on my DFGT is great.
It's a real problem with multiplayer...I need 5 minutes left before session to actually enter it or I miss it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%