1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving game locationto improve load times

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Sk3ptik0n, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I used to have a lot of complaints about this game, but with the latest releases they are getting fewer and fewer. One complaint I still have is that it takes forever to load a session.

I seem to recall that you can tell steam where to save the files of a game and I was wondering what would happen if I moved R3E to my SSD. I have enough space for the game there (not if I have to move all the games in it though, so I hope that moving a single game is possible). I am also wondering if it is possible and if I should also move the folder in My Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience or if that would be a waste of time.

What say you? Would it be worth it? Any chance R3E is going to improve session load times in this century?
  2. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

My install is on an SSD and load times are no better.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

so much for that then. Have you ever timed it?
  4. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

No I haven't but I previously had the game installed on a HDD and load times seem similar to me.
  5. Msportdan

@ Simberia @Simberia

mines on ssd also and times are long as well a few minutes is my worst , but it varies I've noticed.
  6. Certainly does not seem consistent to me. I have no idea why but it seems the network speed has something to do with it for me....odd.
  7. It depends on the graphic settings, sett to LOW and the loading time decrease.
    Not a funny solution...

(English is not my language)
  8. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen
    Premium Member

Same here, moved it to SSD, loading times when starting the game and going through menus are definitively better, but loading a race is still painfully slow and I can't say I've noticed any improvement.
  9. I had mine on a second HDD and it was dead slow...deleted and re-installed on C drive...no difference...start up is fine,but it still takes 2 or three minutes to load a session. That's my only complaint really...loving the new updates...steering on my DFGT is great.
    It's a real problem with multiplayer...I need 5 minutes left before session to actually enter it or I miss it.