• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Moving characters / objects in GTR3?

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Bram Hengeveld, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,603
    One of the things I have been missing in racing sims is the ability to walk around the pit, paddock, wherever and move objects around (tools, wrenches, other people :D etc).

Since GTR3 is now being developed with the Unreal engine and most major shooters use this engine as well. Will this now finally be the time that simulated motorsports goes to the next level?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,823
    Somebody has too much time on their hands:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,318
    We could use that feature in club racing! Go punch the person who took you off in turn 1 at the start of the race :D Awesome!

If that feature was live in open lobbies you might as well call it Mortal Combat 10 :roflmao: 3 cars on track and 27 blokes in the pits kicking the s&&t out of each other....

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +777
    Exactly Paul, it's time to simulate this:

Fury mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,318
    I remember Coulthard never removed his helmet when Schumi came to call that day!

Hard and angry as MS might be, great big helmet attached to your head wins every time!

• Haha Haha x 2
  6. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +780
    I'm thinking Alonso obliterating that corner marker on the first corner at Indianapolis over a decade ago. It would be cool to have such detail. Or even the CGI for Formula 1 CE 2006 being a real-time thing.

7. k_badam

k_badam
    Yer Nan

Ratings:
    +101
    Bram, heard of LFS? it has had these features for over 10 years ;)