Movie Review: Rush

Haven't seen it yet, but after reading this and seeing the previews I want to see it ASAP now.

I think I'll go see it tomorrow.

Edit: never had the time on Tuesday so seeing it now. I'm in the cinema right now. I have the whole cinema to myself. No one else is here viewing it but me.

Last edited:
Finally watched 'Rush' this weekend....and being totally honest, it didn't blow me away. Yes, I enjoyed it - kept me watching, but I felt like something was missing. And sorry, Chris Hemsworth as James Hunt just didn't work.

Just my thoughts.

Great movie for general crowd but having watched full F1 race coverages of that year + every year since 1967, its just too hollywood. For any real racefan, watching real interviews and races of the era is much more of an experience.

Well guys after seeing the movie I was given the book "Shunt" an exhaustive and thorough biography of James Hunt of some 600 pages.

Having read the book I believe the movie was credible and authentic given its time constraints.
We have to remember that it needed to entertain people who are not boffins and fanatics. For example yes I would have liked to see several interviews disecting whether it was Hunt or his team manager that found the issue with the oil cooler re-positioning after the width DQ at Brands Hatch that disrupted the airflow to the rear spoiler but its a feature film and needs to get a wider audience.
So in my opinion it made a good compromise between factual events and the story telling.

Worth a look.

When I saw this I thought that the first half of the movie was rubbish. But from Lauda's accident onwards and his recovery, it was great. Had to leave early so didn't see the last 15 minutes or so.. but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Finally watched 'Rush' this weekend....and being totally honest, it didn't blow me away. Yes, I enjoyed it - kept me watching, but I felt like something was missing. And sorry, Chris Hemsworth as James Hunt just didn't work.

Just my thoughts.

Fair point. Just out of curiosity, out of those available to play the role, who do you think would've made a better James Hunt?

Given the title I think I expected a little more hollywood than reality. Then again a good compromise was struck. See Lauda's interview here. If anyone can judge, it's him. But for movies these days, quality is hard to come by and this may be closer than most.

someone said earlier, the friendship was not as apparent as it should have been. Maybe so, but i think their mutual respect was obvious, especially after the crash. maybe it was too complicated to further into that psychosis than they did. Lauda's only regret being that Hunt never could see the film I think shows its merit. In time, a lot of slapstick films become classics. I think this will endure. (think WWII films from the 60's)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...-did-a-little-bit-of-what-James-Hunt-did.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back