1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Movie boards

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Kyle Puttifer, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Can anyone give me a tutorial on adding movie boards in BTB? I'm not talking about simple 2-frame animations, I'm talking about large billboards with movie files as a sort of "texture". If you don't understand, take a look at Bahrain by CTDP. There is a movie board after the pit exit. In real life, there is one at the hairpin at Montreal, where Kubica crashed in 2007. I don't know the proper name for these, but I hope I've explained well enough.

I have the movie file I want to use, but no models, or any idea on how to add them!!:confused:

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

You`ll struggle doing this in BTB, as it only accepts 2 or maybe 3 frames.

Your best bet is getting 3DsimEd, as you can make your animation as long as you like :)

It can also be a right pain to do!

3. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

3DsimEd, I hoped I wouldn't have to...

OK, I'll definitely need a full tutorial on that.

4. First you need the RadVideo tools to made a movie tha you can see in game.
    In 3DSimed there is an option ANIMATION at the bottom of options in EDIT MATERIALS and select "MOVIES" and asign the BIK movie that you made before

5. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I think I understand that.
    Other things I need to know:
    Will I be able to import a Collada (.dae) model from Google Sketchup 6?
    How do I get it in game? Do I put the movie board into BTB?

6. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

ALERT:
    3DSimED does not work full stop. Running the trial from the 3DSimED website, on Windows XP Home SP3. I can't even click on New... without the dreaded Error Report box coming up.