WIP Mount Autobahn

I
For the road, I used lofting technique. Google it.
Applying textures to a loft is pretty straightforward.

I know loft can generate mapping coordinates and for doing a straight road it is suitable , but I dont know how to mapping the texture around a branch road like you did, could you describe that in detail? thanks

I

I know loft can generate mapping coordinates and for doing a straight road it is suitable , but I dont know how to mapping the texture around a branch road like you did, could you describe that in detail? thanks

Can you please be a bit more specific about the road branch, a screen perhaps? I'm not sure what you have in mind...

Can you please be a bit more specific about the road branch, a screen perhaps? I'm not sure what you have in mind...
0Oz43.jpg

As the pic shows above, I dont know how to keep UV while modeling that area, I have tried and always mess up the UV, maybe my step is wrong? could you give me some advice

0Oz43.jpg

As the pic shows above, I dont know how to keep UV while modeling that area, I have tried and always mess up the UV, maybe my step is wrong? could you give me some advice
Ah, yes. You need to manually edit (unwrap UVs) the UVs after you have converted the loft to editable poly.

Hi, I hope I am not too late.. lol

So few days ago, seeing the .max file on my HDD I tought why not work on it (after severals try lol)

Now the highway loops, I have not some1's level for moddeling, it is far from perfect :

Here with the 3 lane parts, the mapping is very weird, I think i'll use another texture with proper 3 lanes + emergency line (Yet I follow original layout, so 2lanes in 1 textures + emercy alone, and the extra one is mapped alone, so it is not clean)

For the wall texture, it is the one from bridge highway

I've also added few brushes between lanes, but the result is not what I tought :

about the highway, I think i'll add a bridge too, to get some diversity ;)

Also, I did a tunnel (textures from CG textures) :

My last work was to close another part of the track, this road goes from the right direction of the 1st roundabout, and cross the highway to goes at the second roundabout (the "flying" one) I hope you see what I mean

Highway view :

While crossing it

And the road :

I've tried to add some trees to, but not a good result (I wanted to get a forest feeling)

Now i should make the track less "empty" and I think it is the most difficult part, adding some trees here and there is not so easy, also add some kind of farm.

Btw is there any way to make the road groes smoothly, I mean roads goes from 1x1lanes to 2x1 or 2x2 without keeling the UV? Because it would be nice for the "last" road I want to do, my goal is to close the 2nd roundabout :/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%