Motorsport Manager Save Game Editor

Motorsport Manager Save Game Editor 1.4.6536.39633

Login or Register an account to download this content
If you know any C# then grab the project from github and see if you can add anything I've not done yet. Otherwise any advice on what any of the values mean is helpful! :) I'm letting you edit most of these things without any idea what a lot of them do :D

Regarding the load errors. If you're having this problem, can you try something for me? Try uninstalling the tool and reinstall it in a location that doesn't need admin access. So for example, Desktop or Documents folder. It might be a permissions thing in the app I need to look into.

If you know any C# then grab the project from github and see if you can add anything I've not done yet. Otherwise any advice on what any of the values mean is helpful! :) I'm letting you edit most of these things without any idea what a lot of them do :D

Regarding the load errors. If you're having this problem, can you try something for me? Try uninstalling the tool and reinstall it in a location that doesn't need admin access. So for example, Desktop or Documents folder. It might be a permissions thing in the app I need to look into.

Unfortunately, I don't know any C#, but anyway, I still explore the saves through notepad++, I found a lot of stuff there. I think I can't be any help. I will continue to look to this page read all the messages and continue to use and give feedback. Thanks again and I hope will break through everthing in these saves :D:D:D

Hello, I'm currently experiencing an issue when editing my custom team save file, because the game never seems to give me the Reigning ERS Champion trait, I figured I'd add it through your editor, or temporarily boost my marketability, but every time I save the changes I've made, my team's logo and clothing turns pure white. I know this might not be the highest priority, but I would really appreciate it if I don't have to have my drivers become angels in white to get 5 star sponsor appeal. I know Falko has been doing a lovely job for me so far, but I know he's only human :p

Yeah, this is a known issue. I'm looking into it at the moment as it might explain why other things aren't working too. It's a little confusing because the save file looks identical in regards to colours after editing so I'm not sure where it's going wrong. I'll update here with news

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SerializableException xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<ExtendedInformation>
<HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
</ExtendedInformation>
<Message>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Message>
<Source>MMSaveEditor</Source>
<StackTrace> в MMSaveEditor.View.MainWindow.LoadFile(String fileName)
в MMSaveEditor.View.MainWindow.open_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
в System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
в System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
в System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
в System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
в System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
в System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)</StackTrace>
<TargetSite>Void LoadFile(System.String) @ MMSaveEditor.View.MainWindow</TargetSite>
<Type>System.NullReferenceException</Type>
</SerializableException>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Report xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<GeneralInfo>
<CLRVersion>4.0.30319.42000</CLRVersion>
<DateTime>03.08.2017 10:46:32</DateTime>
<ExceptionMessage>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</ExceptionMessage>
<ExceptionType>System.NullReferenceException</ExceptionType>
<HostApplication>MMSaveEditor.exe</HostApplication>
<HostApplicationVersion>0.3.*</HostApplicationVersion>
<NBugVersion>1.2.1.0</NBugVersion>
<TargetSite>Void LoadFile(System.String) @ MMSaveEditor.View.MainWindow</TargetSite>
<UserDescription />
</GeneralInfo>
</Report>

Update Realworld, I have installed it in various places, changed compatibility settings multiple times to various settings and it always crashes. So I opened the app and make a new save from the app, saved it and when I tried to reopen it, it crashed as well. I don't think it's the save files but the OS.
Does the app depend on any external framework like .net or java etc ?

Win7 SP1 64b
Here is the crash when I save a blank save and try to re-open it.

Also here is the last error in windows logs that I could find for the editor.

Code:
Faulting application name: MMSaveEditor.exe, version: 0.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x59822e51
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x18d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d30c0377d5f167
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RWSoftware\Motorsport Manager Save Game Editor\MMSaveEditor.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: c5fbdc01-77f6-11e7-aa05-c86000be65dd

Also found this which describes the error I'm getting, may help in the debugging.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8206810/object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
When it crashes do you get asked to submit a crash report? I put some crash report tools in the app that might help me work out what's happening. Please send press the send button if you see it

Yes, I did. I can see if I can upload it.

I do really want this tool to work. I'd love to be able to edit contracts so I can create my own seasons rather than having to live with the crappy transfer system that came with the game.

Yes, I did. I can see if I can upload it.

I do really want this tool to work. I'd love to be able to edit contracts so I can create my own seasons rather than having to live with the crappy transfer system that came with the game.
Thanks. I can see roughly where the problem is but there's still a few possibles. I'll add some more debugging in the next build.
On the plus side, I think I figured why all parts were free so that should be fixed too

So, quick work-around to the team color change bug:

1. Make a copy of your save file.
2. Use Real World's awesome editor to make whatever edits you like to the COPY of the save you made.
3. Use MMSaveExtractor to unpack both the original save and the copy you've edited into JSON files.
4. Use MMSaveExtractor to pack the SAVENAME_info.json file from the original save, and the SAVENAME_data.json from the edited copy, into a NEW save file.
5. Profit.

The player team color data is saved in the SAVENAME_info.json portion of the save, so if you use the old pre-edit one with the new edited SAVENAME_data.json, it restores the colors. I have done this multiple times with no issues.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back