1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Game Time Trial Ideas

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by DreadedKane, Nov 15, 2011.

1. I am currently working on a motorcycle simulation:

It's currently a time trial setup. I find time trials quite boring mostly because it's just me on the track by myself. Some games add a ghost of the best lap but I find it inadequate for three reasons:

1. If you are going faster than your ghost you are never going to see it.
    2. If you are going roughly the same speed you are never going to see it.
    3. If you make a mistake that is bad enough for your ghost to appear they are probably going to disappear into the distance or be impossible to catch up to.

I am thinking of recording the five best laps in the current session and playing them all at the same time as ghosts on the track. However instead of stopping the ghost when it passes the finish line and restarting it when the player crosses the finish line I want to leave the ghost circulating indefinitely. So they are essentially like another rider on the track except it's a ghost of one of the player's best laps. This also needs to work in an online multiplayer situation.

Any thoughts on this? What kind of problems do you see with implementing this sort of thing online while other people are playing too?

2. Version 2.0 is released.

This version contains online multiplayer functionality.

Changes:

- Host network game
    - Display list of available network games
    - Join network game
    - Interpolation/extrapolation to smooth out the effects of lag

http://homewreckersstudio.blogspot.com/p/super-trial.html

3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Im downloading now, with thanks, im already liking the view,....

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Looks cool, but I don't understand your reasons for not including a ghost, I played with ghost in other games and if you are 1 sec slower you can follow him and see where you catch-up or loose time :)

5. nice one, but you have to change for the some moderation in the arrangements...thank you