MGP16 Motorcycle Community Videogame

Hello, I will re-open this thread in VRTG section.

Original thread in MotoGP 15 Section here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/motogp-community-videogame-just-some-thoughts.122666/

Last motnh I read a book on c# language, and started to explore XNA Framework.
It would be fun to code a game in XNA, but I guess it would take longer than doing it with an Engine.

I will go on with Unreal Engine 4, I've started watching tutorials. The thing that bothers me is that it needs C++ language, which I already "studied" a bit some years ago, but I like C# more.

More to come

Hi guys.. I´so interrested in this idea.
And I have some ideas too.
I wanna create circuits for motorcycle game better than circuits by Milestone
BUT....
I don´t know if I had to use e.g. Unreal Engine 4 and this idea can become lot harder to make but lot better to look or..
Or use e.g. Racing Track Builder which is mostly for Assetto Corsa. It is quite easy but I dont know if I could convert it to other games/engines then.
Any suggestions or experiences ? Thanks

Hi guys.. I´so interrested in this idea.
And I have some ideas too.
I wanna create circuits for motorcycle game better than circuits by Milestone
BUT....
I don´t know if I had to use e.g. Unreal Engine 4 and this idea can become lot harder to make but lot better to look or..
Or use e.g. Racing Track Builder which is mostly for Assetto Corsa. It is quite easy but I dont know if I could convert it to other games/engines then.
Any suggestions or experiences ? Thanks
Hi Jan, thanks for your interest

Though, creating circuits is the last thing you have to do in UE. You can create circuits and import them from other softwares, but once they are inside UE what do you do with them?=

I will try to explain few things:
UE4 (unreal engine 4) is a videogame engine, that menas you can develop games without programming everything.
Within UE4 you can import objects (3d meshes), animations, etc.

Scripting:
Now that you have created your map (for example, imported a 3d circuit mesh from softwares like Maya, 3ds, etc) and your 3d bike, you have to create the actual game. How does the bike behave? Can it collide with other objects? Can it be controlled by the player?

UE4 makes it easier, instead of coding everything, you have a system called "blueprints editor". Basically you create events with nodes. Take this for example:
score_comparison_example_macro.jpg

As you can see, it does the same thing some code would do (if you know a little bit of programming languages).
Though, since it's visual, it's more user friendly and fun to use.
This code I posted basically does this:
You have a variable (you can set it to any number) called Score Needed. Then you have that ">="
so, if Score Needed is >= than the score (user score), then the game will output "Win". Otherwise, the condition becomes false, and the game outputs "Lose". It may be confusing but...

As of now, I'm studying and experimenting scripting. I managed to make my bike go straight, but it becomes really a mess when you want to make it turn. Because physics is very complicated and you have to be careful with how the engine manages physics

Some Updates
I have done many researches, I'm in the "vision" stage. I'm thinking about how implementing motorcycles in an engine where they are not supported. Only 4+ wheeled vehicles are arcadely supported.

This means, since I cannot code it from scratch, I will try to do it with blueprints. It will not be SIMULATION. The core will be scripted, but the aim is to FAKE simulation. Which means the player has to feel the bike as it were simulated, though it's not really.

At the end, the important thing is what the player feel, not how the code is written

Some Updates
I have done many researches, I'm in the "vision" stage. I'm thinking about how implementing motorcycles in an engine where they are not supported. Only 4+ wheeled vehicles are arcadely supported.

This means, since I cannot code it from scratch, I will try to do it with blueprints. It will not be SIMULATION. The core will be scripted, but the aim is to FAKE simulation. Which means the player has to feel the bike as it were simulated, though it's not really.

At the end, the important thing is what the player feel, not how the code is written
It's not needed to be a SIM, but to be realistic: the riders should behave like the real ones and the main thing is the immersion that all the motogp games haven't.

I need help regarding the mahematical/physical aspect
I'm trying to break down the formulas behind motorcycle physics

as for torque=
acceleration=
I run into a lot of documentation and it will take quite a lot of time
help is always welcome

Hi guys. I'm giving up on this project, there is too much to be done, and I'm not sure I will be ever capable of finishing this project. I have a lot of good ideas but I lack time and knowledge.

I managed to make a sort of supension system for the bike, the problem is the acceleration, the turning, ecc. Each one of these needs a lot of work unfortunately.
MY aim was to recreate the handling of SBK 2001 mixed with how the MotoGP bikes feel from television. I fear it will remain a vision!

Thanks everyone for your contribution to the thread, it was appreciated

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back