MGP17 MotoGP games license

Hey what's goin on mates. Someone told me in the comments of a random YouTube video that this was Mile Stone's last MotoGP title and that they gave away the license or something like that. is this true? If yes, do we know who got the game now and IF someone got it? Thanks.

MotoGP™ and Milestone have signed a contract renewal for the Italian developer to retain the licensing for the Official MotoGP™ videogame until at least December 2021. Extending an important partnership that began in 2012, this new agreement once again covers all console and PC platforms – making sure fans of MotoGP™ can race in the world’s fastest motorcycle racing Championship on the platform of their choice.
Unquote

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/11/28/motogp-and-milestone-to-race-together-until-2021/247509

MotoGP™ and Milestone have signed a contract renewal for the Italian developer to retain the licensing for the Official MotoGP™ videogame until at least December 2021. Extending an important partnership that began in 2012, this new agreement once again covers all console and PC platforms – making sure fans of MotoGP™ can race in the world’s fastest motorcycle racing Championship on the platform of their choice.
Unquote

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/11/28/motogp-and-milestone-to-race-together-until-2021/247509
Thank you so much! It's all great i guess :D

Thank you so much! It's all great i guess :D

Better the devil we know? I really do not know how to answer my own question if I'm honest..

Over at xbla (from which we organised the xbox motogp online leagues) we had a monthly Q&A session going for a number of years direct with the Milestone motogp development team. We would put forward our suggestions as to how the game(s) could be improved and they in turn corresponded back with their take and appraisal of our suggestions. This went on from 2013 up to 2016. We were constantly pushing for Milestone to make the physics model more realistic and with suggestions as to how to improve the online structure of the game.. Some things were taken up by them. In 2014 they introduced a penalty system to the online game. This was also something we then critiqued in terms of its effectiveness and flaws. But they had acted on our suggestion. It worked I think pretty well. Then it went to pot with motogp 15.. Why I don't know. It just got neglected. Also we made suggestions as to how the collisions modelling could be improved. Also a number of other suggestions including "ambient noise" which also they introduced into the game. Overall though Milestone did not want to go along with our request to move the physics more in the direction of simulation. Which was a shame. This exercise ran its course and tbh we lost interest as Milestone were not really listening to us on the things that we felt mattered and were important..particularly so the question of possible improvements to the online game. So it died a quiet death.. Milestone seemed to only want to tweak the physics and graphics to a limited extent annually and if anything ended up moving the game physics more in the direction of the "arcade" for the last two iterations. Sadly when motogp17 was released many experienced players walked away from the game.. They felt the physics had been dumbed down too much for them and went to race on Project CARS and AC instead which offered them, albeit on four wheels, more of a challenge to compete on online.

I think this is why Dyego's and Giovane's physics mods have been so popular. These mods put a real challenge back into the motogp game.. I think they're great in what these mods have achieved not only with the physics but also the improvements to the AI and variable weather etc. But in a way it also frustrates me because I now know what Milestone's physics engine is capable of..and it is much more than Milestone themselves have provided.

Just my opinion. But I would love for Milestone to take their motogp game much more seriously rather than just be content in making a decent enough short term profit.. I think there is much more scope in this for both Milestone and the community that plays their games. Why not keep the community happy and feeling more fulfilled whilst also making money? ;)

Last edited:
Better the devil we know? I really do not know how to answer my own question if I'm honest..

Just my opinion. But I would love for Milestone to take their motogp game much more seriously rather than just be content in making a decent enough short term profit.. I think there is much more scope in this for both Milestone and the community that plays their games. Why not keep the community happy and feeling more fulfilled whilst also making money? ;)

EXACTLY!!! What i would suggest is have the pro physics as they want to for their next game and then "Realistic pro" for all of us looking for insanity. I would also like the difficulty of the AI to take the same approach, Like realistic being their last option for the casuals and then "Rossi 2004 realistic" were you could win the AI only with the Realistic pro physics. And last thing is a slider for the aggression of the AI. For example, i open up the game but today i want to have a proper race, everyone lined up with very few overtakes. Next day i wake up and feel pumped up, i will have the same difficulty, or one down, but the AI will try to DESTROY me on every corner, two guys trynna overtake me at once, people crashing and everything. I have a ton of ideas but no one listens so i keep em for me self :D

Another Rumor was that Milestone will be using Unreal 4 engine . Don't know yet what that will mean for modders and skinners . Any Clues On this ? ...Yet ?
That's pretty much true because i remember them saying when gp 17 came out that, we have to be patient for an extra year to get a MotoGP game on the unreal engine. So i'm pretty scared that modders may be ruined by that choice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back