MGP17 MotoGP 17 Mods WIP Thread

Now I begin to extract 3d models of some helmets ^^
4zsEn70.jpg

Wow nice, how do you rip it with UV maps too? i tried once with ninja ripper but obviously it only ext

Nice! How do you do it exactly? i tried once with Ninja Ripper but it only extracts objects from memory and not UVs
Im use the program Hex2obj from this forum (not spam):
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894&p=131574#p131574
The process it's all manually, it's a bit complicated.. but when you learn the process, it is very easy to do :)
In the forum link there is much information on how to extract models!

@Jonix NinjaRipper works great with the latests MotoGP games, I already extracted some helmets and bikes from MotoGP17 last week using it. Maybe you have missed something in the ripper configuration. I could send you screenshot of mine in PM if you want it :)

@Carlos MR That would be great if you could provide us a step by step guide on how to extract 3D directly from .bin, because even if Ninja Ripper works, a cleaner way to get 3D would be really useful.

About the multiple helmets mod, I will continue to do it and try to release it before the end of the week end. I plan to include the maximum helmet models (including Classics ones) but not sure I have enough slots for that. I quickly tried to remove/add slots but t does not seem to work. I'll have a further look at it tomorrow!

About the multiple helmets mod, I will continue to do it and try to release it before the end of the week end. I plan to include the maximum helmet models (including Classics ones) but not sure I have enough slots for that. I quickly tried to remove/add slots but t does not seem to work. I'll have a further look at it tomorrow!

If you could mate, that would be amazing. Also, when you release could you please add install instructions? I've never modded a MotoGP game before. Thanks in advance.

Yeah finally I can manage add new rider into a class. Change their helmet. They appear in game now, but still unselectable on menu. I suspect we need to have workaround with .LIB file in GFXGEM.MIX

Last edited:
can u people help me, how to add or replace the Bikes (Kawasaki Ninja) from Historic Fourstroke to MotoGP Class??,, because i've always Failed.. only the suit is perfect not the bike :( it's really difficult, the last time i succed is from MotoGP 13.. i can replace and add MotoGP/Fourstroke/500cc into whatever class i want , even i add 500cc Bike to Moto2 class

@Jonix NinjaRipper works great with the latests MotoGP games, I already extracted some helmets and bikes from MotoGP17 last week using it. Maybe you have missed something in the ripper configuration. I could send you screenshot of mine in PM if you want it :)

@Carlos MR That would be great if you could provide us a step by step guide on how to extract 3D directly from .bin, because even if Ninja Ripper works, a cleaner way to get 3D would be really useful.

Mate I used Ninja Ripper successfully. But the problem is that ninja ripper doesn't rip UV maps, just the 3d object. What I meant is that I wanted to know how to rip UVs and not only the object

Ok, no problem. I have a tutorial but its to big, I put it here or better I create a new post?

Maybe in the Xentax topic, I think it's not allowed in RD :)

Mate I used Ninja Ripper successfully. But the problem is that ninja ripper doesn't rip UV maps, just the 3d object. What I meant is that I wanted to know how to rip UVs and not only the object

UV's are ripped, but you have to manually tell Ninja Ripper importer UV's coordinates. Replace "auto" by "manual" and put 4 and 5 or 8 and 9, depending on ripped 3D from MotoGP. For example, 4,5 works for helmets.

Maybe in the Xentax topic, I think it's not allowed in RD :)

UV's are ripped, but you have to manually tell Ninja Ripper importer UV's coordinates. Replace "auto" by "manual" and put 4 and 5 or 8 and 9, depending on ripped 3D from MotoGP. For example, 4,5 works for helmets.
Oh nice, I didn't know Ninja could extract UVs too, when I tried it I only got models.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 92 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 131 13.7%