MGP14 MotoGp 14 Career Thread

Here you can share you career info, let us know what did you achieve as a young rider!

I'm currently racing for KTM ajo, but right after Mugello I've signed for the SKY VR 46 team (what a dream!) and I will be racing for them for the rest of the season. I'm playing on realistic difficulty, pro physics, so much fun!

I just found out Milestone put Test sessions in the career, just like in real life! There are test sessions in Mugello, Brno and Valencia (I guess here you start to work on the following season), the day after the race. Well done Milestone!

2014 Gran Premio di San Marino. 13th Race of the Season

Qualifying: 4th

Finish: 1st

New helmet, new luck. Started from the 2nd row but took it them right in the first corner, keeping Marquez a comfortable 0.256 sec. behind me for the entire race :) Victory # 5 of the year, now at least 2 more wins than the next rider...Still, 5 races to go, down by 23 pts. This seems like a monumental task.

First corner action. Part 1.
2vacvf9.jpg

First corner action. Part 2.
21b68o6.jpg

Glued to my muffler...but no getting by this time
s4xik5.jpg

They certainly never gave up :)
15p339k.jpg

STANDINGS
1osh39.jpg

2014 Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon, Spain. 14th Race of the Season

Qualifying: 2nd

YEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! First back-to-back victories by anybody this season. Bit of a deja vu, a duplicate result if you will, as the Top 7 riders finished the exact same way they did in San Marino. Within 18 pts now, but one just has the feeling that with 4 races left the World Championship seems unlikely for the young German rider :)

100% in ATTACK MODE...
5n172h.jpg

Showed nerves in the last lap and almost threw it all away.
11t4s49.jpg

Is there a chance? Either way, great year up to now.
2qvbbsx.jpg

STANDINGS:
9glys4.jpg

Last edited:
2014 Grand Prix of Japan. 15th Race of the Season.

Qualifying: 5th

Finish: 3rd

I needed a miracle and I got one. Unbelievable what happened!! Miller and Marquez duel it out and in the second corner they bump each other off the track losing valuable positions. Marquez still managed 8th, while Miller's 11th place finish all but dashed his World Championship hopes. Rins and Fenati finish 1 and 2 respectively, while I land on the podium once again. What incredible developments with 3 races left...

12 podiums as one can see :)
sxlymu.jpg

STANDINGS:
2i0zm8x.jpg

2014 Grand Prix of Australia, Philip Island. 16th Race of the Season.

Qualifying: 1st

When Marquez and Miller took each other out two weeks ago, nobody could believe that this can happen again. Surely, this could not happen again, right? What do you know...Marquez runs wide in the first turn and just mows down Miller. Place 10 for Marquez while Miller limped in at 21st. 0 pts for the Australian and 6 for Marquez.
Holding on for dear life, I managed to win my 7th race of the year 0.095 in front of Rins. With now 2 races remaining I have taken over 1st place in the standings and am suddenly the favorite to win it! Well, that is motorbike racing for you. Complete Turnaround!!

This time it is Marquez who takes out Miller
33jib60.jpg

Seize the moment RKH! 7th win of the season
289hd3r.jpg

STANDINGS:
14bqgt1.jpg

Last edited:
2014 Grand Prix of Malaysia. 17th Race of the Season.

8th WIN!!! Might be fair to say that I would at least deserve the title at this point as I have at least twice as many victories than the next guy. Not taking anything for granted though. How quickly it can change - well, we have seen that already several times this season. Need to finish for sure - LAST RACE!!!

Malaysia marked my first dominant victory, almost 4 seconds in front of the rest. Marquez and Miller just looked at each other bewildered as if to say "was this really it??" Never led the championship until 3 races left to go.

Marquez and Miller stunned after the race...
e848ps.jpg

A remarkable season...Qatar remains the only blemish
2cnje5h.jpg

STANDINGS WITH 1 RACE TO GO
30ihzli.jpg

Last edited:
2014 Grand Prix of Valencianna, Spain. 18th Race of the Season.

Qualifying: 5th

Finish: 5th

Took it easy in this race. Only did what was necessary to ensure the title and avoid crashes. 5th spot was even a little more than I needed and it worked out great.
As the freshly crowned Moto 3 World Champion I made no secrets about moving on to Moto 2. We'll see, fielding offers currently...but I have expressed interest in the Marc VDS team with Esteve Rabat. Let's see what happens there... I will do a similar thread for my Moto 2 season, but this time it will include team standings as well.

Up until the very end, there was no decision...CHAMP at last.
2w57dza.jpg

Amazing year. Qatar was just an exception
2cnje5h.jpg

KTM takes the Constructors Title
308ea07.jpg

FINAL STANDINGS
2hhohv7.jpg

Here we go!! Moto2 season about to begin. Had a successful first test with the team in Valencia and am highly motivated going into the 1st race in Qatar.

Here is a look at the upcoming season...
1222bet.jpg

STANDINGS:
2s10j5u.jpg

Last edited:
My apologies. After major component upgrades, I was forced to re-install my OS, but kept my sav file. I had an excellent Moto2 season, filled with drama on the track and within my team. Since I am now in MotoGP (will get to that in a bit) I will only post impressions of the Moto2 season and a summary, which will detail what happened within Marc VDS Racing. Stay tuned...

MOTO2 1st SEASON:

TEAM: MARC VDS RACING
TEAMMATES: ESTEVE RABAT, MIKA KALLIO

While the first ever test with VDS Racing went great for me at Valencia, especially right after having won the Moto3 Championship, setting fastest time in testing left a sour taste in my teammates mouth. Almost from the get-go I felt unwanted by them and really only connected with my race engineer.This heated things up to be sure by the time Qatar 2015 rolled around.

2015 Grand Prix of Qatar. 1st Race of the Season.
Qualifying: 3rd

What a start into the intermediate class!!! 1st race in Moto2 = 1st WIN!!!

Might be fair to say that this didn't help matters within the team. Tension...tension...tension! Rabat and Kallio duel it out for a photo finish

2014-07-29_00002.jpg
2014-07-29_00003.jpg

Last edited:
2015 Grand Prix of The Americas. 2nd Race of the Season.

Qualifying: 3rd

WOW!!!!!!! Wooohhhoooo!!!!! 2 for 2, but in what fashion!! 0.148 sec. ahead of Vinales who is looking really strong so far. Kallio ran way wide in turn 1 and dropped to 17th, he recovered to finish 2nd.

Little crash in practice :)
2014-07-29_00020.jpg

Great setup allowed me to really feel confident and push hard.
2014-07-29_00018.jpg

2014-07-29_00022.jpg
2014-07-29_00023.jpg
2014-07-29_00024.jpg

2015 Grand Prix of Argentina. 3rd Race of the Season.

Finish: 9th

Just an incredibly difficult weekend. Constantly wet, but not really raining and despite pole I did not feel i had the setup for a race distance. Case in point, I finished 9th. Tough one here!

2014-07-30_00004.jpg

2014-07-30_00002.jpg
2014-07-30_00003.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back