• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

MotecAdd - Anyone?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by bmwisme, May 22, 2011.

1. bmwisme

bmwisme

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone using MotecAdd with the Race Series and care to comment - reliabilty, CPU load, worth the cost, etc..?
    I would like to get everthing off my main display and use MotecAdd on my second monitor for car feedback (tire temps, gear, RPM/MPH, and race info (lap, position, timings, etc). I have been using hood cam w/virtual mirror - at least until I know all of the tracks better.

Note: Using older hardware so cannot use a solution that consumes too many CPU cycles.

Thanks.

2. Eric Estes

Eric Estes

Ratings:
    +49
    Worth every bit to me - been using for a little over a year now.

Cannot comment too much on CPU cycles as I've always run it on multi-core machines, but no issues on my previous Core2 E6600.

3. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    get it, it's great and I have never noticed any performance issues...

4. Jim Cole

Jim Cole
    Premium

Ratings:
    +122
    For best results just make sure that the second monitor can handle 1280 X 1024 screen resolution. Other than that, it is worth the money as if very light on system resource usage.

5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson

Ratings:
    +0
    another user here, i find it great for the Race series, well worth the few quid to own.

6. bmwisme

bmwisme

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your opinions. My older hardware does slow "slightly" running locally but if I run the client on my laptop all is good.
    May have purchase.

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton

Ratings:
    +34
    I have an old P3 laptop (client machine) running SimView that I have networked (works wired or wifi) to my C2D e8200 that I run Simadapter (server machine) on. I get lots of realtime info on the laptop and it really doesn't take up any resources to speak of on the C2D which I race with. And these are all free. You have to hunt around to find them, but they work great.

Just throwing this out for the sake of variety.