MoTEC i2 Pro in GTR Evo

• Thread starter Alberto L. Barcia
  • Start date
A

Alberto L. Barcia

• Alberto L. Barcia

Hi guys.

After several days reading forums and looking for a way to obtain data from my sessions in GTR Evo to be used with MoTeC i2 Pro, I didn'd find it, so I decided to investigate it by myself.

The result of that investigation is that I find the way to do it and I'll post it here for those who think it could be useful.

It's as simply as make a couple of modifications in your user's PRL file (located in "C:\Program files\Steam\SteamApps\[your steam user]\race 07\UserData\[your GTR evo user]\")

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES.

The changes you have to make are the following:

Data Acquisition In Race="0" (original)
Data Acquisition In Race="1" (modified)

MoTeC LogFolder= Here the folder you want to put the data into

And that's all.

You can free download latest release of MoTeC i2 Pro here.

• Stefan Gunnersen

just import your video to motect then you can export it directly to video with overlay using TrackVision from within Motec.

Aha, I did not know it was that advanced! Very nice to know. However, I am far from fast enough to learn pro drivers anything anyway :dance2:

good to use for yourself tho. that functionality is actually aimed at real drivers with live onboard feeds. motec adds little inaudible blips to the sound in the video file so it can perfect match it up at the end of the session.

• Grant Osborne

Just an update from my previous post. After finally spending quite a bit of time with the suspension settings in Motec I didn't really shave any more time of my PB in the SEAT Leon, I think it's just a case of I've reached my driving ability limit at this point in time.

One thing I did find was that Motec was telling me that the dampers/springs were regularly reaching their compression limit (coilbound). In trying to prevent this I increased the spring tension to the max available and also increased the compression/bump setting of the dampers and retested. But after this, Motec was still telling me there was still excessive movement and the suspension was regularly reaching it's compression limits.

The only way I could find to eliminate much of the red areas at the bottom of the damper histograms, and get more green on the charts, was to raise the body, which after retesting showed quite a bit more green and reduced red.

The next issue was that I found there is only a 10mm window of body height adjustment on the SEAT (not sure about other vehicles yet), which didn't give me a lot to play with. (I know the KW coilovers on my R/L car have about 65mm up/down total adjustment)

So at this point my findings as far as really getting a good suspension setup (for whatever that's worth in the sim, but hey, it's fun to play with it all) were a bit inconclusive and the supplied spring tension options, damper speed options and body height adjustment window for the coilovers on the SEAT make it a little difficult to satisfy Motec that all is well with the suspension setup.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but I think it would be beneficial for us all to share and compare notes and findings on various cars in Motec, and while I do recognise that there may not be much to gain from this that sheer lapping practice wouldn't deliver anyway, it's also been a lot of fun so far. :good:

Grant :beer:

I encountered a similar issue when testing cats at Cadwell, although it is an excessively bumpy track and I figured it was unlikely to ever be perfect all the way round. I have found though that setting up the cats provides an excellent insight into producing good mechanical grip in the game through chassis setup due to the lack of conventional downforce settings which have a large effect on how cars handle overall. I haven't tried to see how that is transfered to the other cars in the game yet but i am eager to see the results.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%