MoTec and my GTRe .PLR file

Ok here's my problem. I have installed MoTec and changed the necessary lines in the .PLR file to the following

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE="E:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\MY NAME HERE\race 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="E:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

I then save the file, Run GTRe, do a few laps in the practice session, go back into the pits, Alt Tab out Start MoTec and try to open the log file, trouble is whenever I look there are never any logs.

I re open the .PLR file and all the lines that I have changed above have gone back to their original state

Data Acquisition In Race="0"
Data Acquisition EXE=""
Data Acquisition File="userdata\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="MoTeC\Logged Data"

Am I doing something wrong here?

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

Thanks in advance :p

It is simple, but for some reason I do not get the data in Motec. I have seen that the 'vehicledata.spt' has been changed after driving a few laps. I changed the PLR file. But in Motec I cannot find any file that he needs to pickup. It keeps showing the message: "there are no log files in this folder".

Anyone with a dumbass step-plan for me?

Path in .plr file is;

Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\XXX\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Users\XXX\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"

After a run, I have Moteci2 look in the folder, but it finds nothing.

I have been trying to get Motec to work for age's but I still can't.
What I don't understand right now is this path, "C:\Users\Username\My Document\MoTeC\Logged Data"

This is how my PLR file looks like:
Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\Username\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\Users\Username\Documents\MoTeC Projects\Peugout 407 Motec"

@ Suzi: Suzi, your log folder line is wrong. It should not have the vehicledata.spt info in it. Try and make a folder in your my documents and point the log folder line there to see what happens.

@Georgios your Data Acquisition line is incorrect, it should read "C:\Users\Username\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\\vehicledata.spt" Notice the double \\ before vehicledata.spt :)

@ Suzi: Suzi, your log folder line is wrong. It should not have the vehicledata.spt info in it. Try and make a folder in your my documents and point the log folder line there to see what happens.

@Georgios your Data Acquisition line is incorrect, it should read "C:\Users\Username\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\\vehicledata.spt" Notice the double \\ before vehicledata.spt :)
What does two \ mean compare to one \?

Howto Enable Motec In Race07: WITHOUT decrypting the plr-file. ... I've been getting some PMs about sharing the PLR-decryption tool. ... ADC GTR2/Race07/GTREvo Announcements, |-- ADC GPL/GTR/GTL Information, |-- ADC Discussions ... Back to top; Forum Home · Delete My Cookies · Mark Board As Read

Glad to hear you got it working. What did you have to change to make it work?

I had to put the path MoTeC\Logged Data into the PC it self ( C: ) and not into any other memory.
The [MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log] had to be changed to [MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename to each new log]
Btw I only use one \ and not two before the vehicledata.spt and it works. :)

Managed to pull a 2nd place out of the hat on Sat. which now puts me in 2nd in the points. I kinda screwed up though in the race. I went one lap further than Ian did on fuel and I could have gone at least another lap I believe. So that gets the stupid move of the race from me. Could have put the field a lap down. Ian had the pace though and the Audi just plain sucks in traffic. Has the top end, but just takes forever to accelerate. Really need to time my passes better so I can keep my momentum up.
banghead.gif

Off to Lime Rock next weekend. Hoping for no carnage.

On my offline install the acquisition file is in the game directory say
c:\gtrevo\userdata. Same with Steam version.

I am looking for track maps since Motec is not so good at recording. If anyone has some updated maps I will be happy to download. Thanks.
user_offline.gif

just race. Motec will automatically start recording if your race is longer than 20sec. Once you are done racing, you can exit GTR 2 or still within GTR 2, access Motec to get a detailed breakdown of race telemetry. Read the Motec Users guide for more info. Its simple to access the info, but its another thing to analyse the data and make changes according to your deductions.

Remember: all links and info regarding requirements for the GTR 2 Challenges are to be found in the first post of this thread.

Just an update before I'm off to watch the Rugby:

I have done an 8-Lap stint at Birmingham, (forget the warmup-lap) at an average time of 1:20.639
smile.gif

I am really getting the hang of this track now, and have a good feeling what setup to use on the Saleen...yeay, going pretty well.

I think I am finished with this track for now, will move over to the new challenge.

Anyway, please see my attached screendump of my MoTeC lap times.

like i stated in my last post: EVERTHING you need will be in the first post of this thread, including such finer detail
tongue.gif
But let me highlight it again for those who dont actually read. If it's not there, let me know and will update it.

your 4xAA is actually FSAA[full screen anti-aliasing]which basically cuts out jaggies,for example the white line on the grass verge of a racing track is made up of many straight edges and looks somewhat non circular.
With FSAA on ,either x2,x4,x6,x8 this cuts out all the straight lines and makes it all look more curved and circular.
AA is anistropic filtering which for example take a trackside advertising boarding off in the distance,the amount of AA you have enabled draws this boarding very clear at great distances,where as if AA is tuened off one wont be able to read until one gets closer to the boarding.
It doesnt sound much but its an affect on the whole image onscreen so its not just advertising stuff by trackside etc.

Personally im running with 4xFSAA ,8xAA @1280x1024 and it looks stunning with all ingame gfx on full 45-100 fps.
I must say i need more ram as with a large field of cars with Motec running in background it does stutter somewhat.
A nice tip if you guys experience this is hit the number 3 button by default to turn off motec,hit number 2 to bring up the hud or hit 2 again to bring up small version of the hud so one can see gearchanges,then after maybe one lap turn the motec back on and all will be well.
There are more tips and edits you can make in your .PLR file.
I you guys need these tips post here and ill fill yas in.
I have an extra 512 DDR ram ordered to bring my ram up to 1024 mb.

My system is P4 2.8 800FSB
Radeon 9800 PRO
512 mb DDR mushkin 3200
80 Gig HD 7,200 rpm

Here is mine from my GTR Evo install:

Data Acquisition EXE="Data Acquisition EXE="C:\Derek\Applications\Motec i2 Pro\MoTeC.exe"
Data Acquisition File="C:\Users\DerekGAMERIG\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\MoTeC\Logged Data"

I was originally incorrect about the double slash character. It is there and I have Motec telemetry working perfectly in both GTR2 and Evo. Good luck!

suzi,

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back