Motec all under one heading

Hi all i'm trying to get Motec to work with Windows XP64bit but as a lot of people i dont seem to get any data saved to process.I have browsed a few other places and also looked in the RD forum as much as i could .Can we not have a heading with all the Motec info under one heading beacause nobody seems to be able to exactly explain whether motec works and or with what addon or plugin or version.I am trying win64bit XP and same as win 7 do not seem to be able to get any joy.

Please i would appreciate if someone could let me know which Motec works well and with which OS.

Thanks in advance BTW this is for Rfactor

Robert McColl

I installed MoTeC a few days ago and it works beautifully. Very nice feature.

First of all you need this plug-in for rFactor: Data Acquisition Plugin 1.32

Then you need to download Motec i2 Pro, but not the newest one. I use version 1.0.1.082 and you can get it here.

Install the motec software in c/program files/rFactor/MoTeC/i2/1.0

Open the rFactor .plr file and make sure it looks like this:
Code:
Data Acquisition Version="0" // Version of vehicle data to write out
Data Acquisition Rate=[B]"10"[/B]
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE=[B]"C:\Program Files\rFactor\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"[/B]
Data Acquisition File="userdata\vehicledata.spt"
Alternate Collision="0" // Temporary variable as we develop new collision system.  NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS VERSION

Go to rFactor main directory and open DataAcquisitionPlugin.ini to set up the telemetry (choose what to log etc..). You can also choose where to save the log files. My setting:
Code:
Log File Output Path="C:\Program Files\rFactor\MoTeC\Logged Data"	; MoTeC log files will be written here

Fire up rfactor, press control+m in-game and you will create a log file. After the session you can open the .id file stored in the "logged data" folder with MoTeC i2. Voila:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 155 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 220 14.3%