Most recent VR guide?

Hi all,

I have recently received and setup my new VR equipment, hoping to run AC (and other titles) with it.

However, I am overwhelmed with the amount of settings, tools, ini editing etc.
There is just too much information, in many different forums, with some terminology that can be frustrating to follow and understand.

Is there a proper, RECENT, guide that can be followed to get the best experience?
If not, please post your settings - and I will gladly create one for further reference.

Sorry for probably repeating a question already asked, but again, this subject is truly hard to investigate...

Thanks in advance guys.

Btw - I have a 7700K i7, 1080gtx

What's the issue?

If it works and you can drive, then that's pretty much it. You get 90fps or you get 45fps with ASW, depending on your settings. It's really the same procedure as setting up single or triplemonitor, you try out settings to your liking till everything runs smooth.
As per se, you don't need to configure Nvidia drivers. For PP effects, try em out, what do you like and what takes too much fps to keep stable etc. As for ini-files, only ppd in you AC documents folder needs change, as well as you can add G-force shake in VR in the assetto_corsa.ini in the system/config game folder.
Then, in AC menu, you should tick Lock to horison and just get used to driving with that. Takes a few hours/days maybe to get used to, but very rewarding.

What's the issue?

If it works and you can drive, then that's pretty much it. You get 90fps or you get 45fps with ASW, depending on your settings. It's really the same procedure as setting up single or triplemonitor, you try out settings to your liking till everything runs smooth.
As per se, you don't need to configure Nvidia drivers. For PP effects, try em out, what do you like and what takes too much fps to keep stable etc. As for ini-files, only ppd in you AC documents folder needs change, as well as you can add G-force shake in VR in the assetto_corsa.ini in the system/config game folder.
Then, in AC menu, you should tick Lock to horison and just get used to driving with that. Takes a few hours/days maybe to get used to, but very rewarding.
So no need of setting other functions from say, Oculus Tray or SteamVR (like for some do for rF2)? Note I'm still waiting for my CV1 and just basing from what I've been reading of other's settings for AC and rF2.

So no need of setting other functions from say, Oculus Tray or SteamVR (like for some do for rF2)? Note I'm still waiting for my CV1 and just basing from what I've been reading of other's settings for AC and rF2.

No, don't worry so much. When you get the CV1, follow the Oculus guide through, then fire up AC and set the obvious settings in the game menu, then go from there.
If anything comes up, you can always ask or seach the forums.

What's the issue?

Thanks.

Not trying to force a discussion, but I am trying to make the most out of this experience - and I don't know if I am...
The image for me is blurry, out of focus mainly in the distance.

The game runs smooth, but not crisp.

Just need to know what the best settings are, now that Oculus, AC and Nvida has been updated to newer versions, and it seems like there is no guide that has updated information.

Can you, or anyone with enough experience, let me know your settings or what is most important to get right?

Thanks!!

Thanks.

Not trying to force a discussion, but I am trying to make the most out of this experience - and I don't know if I am...
The image for me is blurry, out of focus mainly in the distance.

The game runs smooth, but not crisp.

Just need to know what the best settings are, now that Oculus, AC and Nvida has been updated to newer versions, and it seems like there is no guide that has updated information.

Can you, or anyone with enough experience, let me know your settings or what is most important to get right?

Thanks!!

Hi,

Sure, no discussions needed, just wanted more intel on what your experience with VR is like :)
You can´t get it monitor-crips, as I guess you already know. If you're new with VR, it'll take you days/weeks to get comfortable with the resolution and general experience.
What you can do, is first bump up the ppd to at least 1.5.
Next, try PP on and off, you might like the more crisp looking image with PP off. Or, with PP on, you need to try out editing the default filter, or try VR filter mods. They´re somewhere around here, but I don't use them, cause I run with PP off (I'm only on a 970, but still have an awesome experience).
General settings on my system is full AF, AA, world max, PP off, mirror on and normal quality, low reflections and med render Hz.
The most important though, is positioning your CV1 correctly on your head, and adjust the eye distance slider as needed. If the HMD sits to high/low, you get blurry image. If you eye distance setting is off, you get blur. But, you can't get it much more crisp than it is when you sit in Oculus home menu and adjust to what seems the sharpest image. You can see the black screendoor effect, most noticable when focusing in the distance or high contrast colors. This is something you just have to get accustumed to.

Hi,

Sure, no discussions needed, just wanted more intel on what your experience with VR is like :)
You can´t get it monitor-crips, as I guess you already know. If you're new with VR, it'll take you days/weeks to get comfortable with the resolution and general experience.
What you can do, is first bump up the ppd to at least 1.5.
Next, try PP on and off, you might like the more crisp looking image with PP off. Or, with PP on, you need to try out editing the default filter, or try VR filter mods. They´re somewhere around here, but I don't use them, cause I run with PP off (I'm only on a 970, but still have an awesome experience).
General settings on my system is full AF, AA, world max, PP off, mirror on and normal quality, low reflections and med render Hz.
The most important though, is positioning your CV1 correctly on your head, and adjust the eye distance slider as needed. If the HMD sits to high/low, you get blurry image. If you eye distance setting is off, you get blur. But, you can't get it much more crisp than it is when you sit in Oculus home menu and adjust to what seems the sharpest image. You can see the black screendoor effect, most noticable when focusing in the distance or high contrast colors. This is something you just have to get accustumed to.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Good info.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%