Tracks Mosport (CTMP) LIDAR

Good luck on your project.
Mosport is one amazing track.

You can find good reference photos at flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=mosport&sort=date-posted-desc
https://www.flickr.com/search/?woe_id=56619527&sort=date-posted-desc

vQ0ZFKA.jpg

N9I2nyS.jpg

4NiuLnq.jpg

k0JWrF7.jpg

Good find Amir, thanks!

The lidar capture is as recent as April 2017, so anything to do with the layout, I think we are good to go. But these reference pictures are very helpful for all the objects, walls, fences, etc :thumbsup:

Awesome ! I know almost nothing about that track, but for some reason I always been interested in it. It is one of those tracks which you hear frequently about. It seems like really awesome layout. Will be looking forward :) And based on LiDAR, thats really incredible how moding is going on these days :)

Good luck, very interested.

this track has an insane amount of tire stacks :cautious:

That's because it doesn't have forty miles of runoff like modern tracks do. Which is a good thing :D Speaking of, is there only one layer of tires in turn 5? Thought it went 4 deep in some spots, and IIRC everywhere is minimum two tires deep all over the circuit (from memory, all tires are fastened together into groups of 2x2 stacks).

It's coming along great!

Correct, 4 rows! Just testing one row of low poly stacks with some minor random scaling and x/y rotation. Good enough for the trackside cams... front stacks will be the more detailed ones I posted shots of earlier.

I tend to do different things around the track to keep motivated lol

Looks like it's gonna be great. Let's hope Kunos' new game (AC Competitzione) will let us create more tracks than what will ship with the game (which, if it's true to the Blancpain Series, won't include any North American tracks).

Last edited:
If you'll manage that in AC :)

Very much looking for this Canadian track, Canadian tracks is something what was very strongly missing from AC for all the time. I'm also very happy that P.Cote is going for historic version of Mont Tremblant. Some epic tracks in Canada.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 253 13.3%