1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosler MT900R @ Mont Tremblant GP - Tuesday November 1st 2011

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Péter Bártfai, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Car: Mosler MT900R (GT Sport)
    Track: Mont Tremblant GP 09
    Weather: Changeable
    Games: GTR Evolution

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (50 minutes + mandatory pitstop: at least 2 tires need to be changed)

Server and teamspeak password: click here
    We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3 (download). Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically. Click the banner below to log in to TS3.

To sign-up for this event simply leave a post in the thread below.
    1. Péter Bártfai
    2. Keiron Swart
    3. Marcos Junior
    4. Arunas Linkevicius
    5. Driver
    6. Driver
    7. Driver
    8. Driver
    9. Driver
    10. Driver
    11. Driver
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver
    25. Driver
  2. Adjusted starting time to 20:00 GMT due to winter time changes.
  3. sign me up :)
  4. Server is up :)
  5. sign me up, please.
  6. Weather forecast: No rain is expected, but prepare your coats!:)
  7. If it rains will be my first wet race,, haha what must I then do??? :)
  8. No rain in this one, just cold weather:)

But my experience is that you need higher camber settings in rain. Though there are some people around who know more about setups than I do:) Anyways, it might be a good idea to practice rainy sessions as they'll come eventually, even if not in this one. ;)
  9. Arunas

"Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I'm in :)
    It will be my testing session, because I don't know the track and car :)
    And i will be testing TeamSpeak, is anybody will be using it?
  10. I'll join you on TeamSpeak:)
  11. I'll join to make up the numbers :)
  12. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

im comming for a look at the weather, did one on Sunday, good fun....
  13. Well, that was interesting :)

My first to the track and with the Mossler. I loved this track. I like any track that has the undulations and quirks as this track does.

The first hilly, bump corner I never did learn to take with any consistancy. Each time over it was a hope and a prayer. I lost it once here during the race. I had 4 other offs and each and every time because I looked to the numbers.

Worse still was having to use the mini map to see what corner is coming up next? Even after a total of 30 laps I'm still ahving to use it.

Good fun.

What was up with your car, Peter? Lucky for me I never suffered any car damage during my 'offs'.
  14. Thanks guys for coming, I hope you had fun!

I just tried the wets in race too:D But I realized soon they're only good for 3 laps. And probably due to heavier fuel load they went over 130C and it wasn't really nice driving on them so I went to the pits for a new set of slicks. They worked well in quali though, slicks too cold, wets too hot, but I managed to get my best quali time on wets at the end:)
  15. But why wets?? The Simbin session info said it was dry with a dry track.
  16. Yes it was dry, it was just a quick idea to adress cold weather. Slicks were too cold, and during official practice it popped to my mind like this: "Ahaa, wets heat up quicker, let's try them". The funny thing is that they worked for 2-3 laps:) But didn't in race obviously so it wasn't that great idea, but at least I've tried something I never did before!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.