• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured More Unreal 4 Simbin In Game GTR 3 Shots Released

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,477
    GTR 3 - 3.jpg
    Yet more racing images from Unreal 4 engine released by Simbin Studios following the recent GTR 3 reveal.

On the off chance you've been living under a rock these past few days you may have missed our big GTR 3 reveal recently. Following the overwhelming positive reaction to that news, Simbin UK have released a few more mouth watering images from the new graphics engine to be used in GTR3.

Again featuring the epic Spa circuit in Belgium, the latest batch of screens show us the Formula One venue playing host to a group of BMW GT3 cars in a variety of lighting conditions, showing off the power of the Unreal 4 graphics engine in shockingly beautiful detail.

With the power of Unreal 4 behind the title, GTR 3 will be able to host a fully scalable time of day transition, giving the studio the opportunity to run proper 24 hour racing with the game simulating the visual differences as the sun drops below the horizon and night takes hold of the circuit. It sounds like an obvious thing to include in a racing game, but sadly all but a few current generation sim accommodate night time racing in the current crop of games. What's more, with Unreal Simbin will now be able to simulate a wide range of weather conditions, to a level previously impossible given the limitations of the technology on offer at the time.

"Well with unreal we will have aquaplaning and water displacement that will affect the handling of the car. Its a great opportunity to move forward the wet weather implementation found in current racing games" said Studio Head Allan Speed.
    This could be big a big win for racing sims going forward and will go a long way towards bridging the realism gap present in a today's marketplace. With advanced weather and time of day conditions, new physics, artificial intelligence and damage model coupled with the usual Simbin quality found across it's back catalogue of games, early signs are GTR 3 could well be a big hit.

If you missed our reveal article earlier, you can read it again here.

If you want to know more about Simbin and GTR 3, or if you want to see what the latest developments with RaceRoom Racing Experience are going to be, stay tuned to RaceDepartment as we've got some interesting stuff coming up real soon....

GTR 3 by Simbin Studios UK is expected to release during 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC.

GTR 3 - 2.jpg GTR 3 - 4.jpg GTR 3 - 5.jpg GTR3 - 1.jpg

If you want to be first to hear about all the latest news regarding the return of the legendary GTR franchise then check out the RaceDepartment GTR 3 sub forum. Here we will keep you up to date with the news regarding all things Simbin and GTR, offer a place to get together and chat with your fellow community members and of course when the time comes host some fun filled Club and League Racing events.

Do you like the latest batch of screen shots captured in the Unreal 4 engine? Looking forward to GTR 3? Do you think Unreal 4 could be a game changer for sim racing games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Love Love x 33
    • Like Like x 13
    • Wow Wow x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium

Ratings:
    +392
    Holy ****.
    Any word on what physics engine they are going to use?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,477
    All in good time sir :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  4. Stelios

Stelios
    Premium

Ratings:
    +392
    They don't know, or they wont tell? :D

• Haha Haha x 2
  5. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +751
    Hope there will be early access for this... I can't wait that long till official release!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,477
    Neither of the above ;)

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Sven Wever

Sven Wever

Ratings:
    +6
    Im going in cryo sleep for a while.... Wake me up when its there.
    Djeez this looks good! Cant wait to feel it to see it to hear it, well smell it would be difficult.
    Nothing to see on the grass. but that second picture!!!! WOW!
    (btw,... all time lurker here, but BIG thnx for the updates all the time. )

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Test.Pilot

Test.Pilot

Ratings:
    +0
    Who do i contact @ Simbin regarding GTR3?

9. fatal

fatal

Ratings:
    +2
    Agree 100%
    Like Kunos did...every second Friday new content and features:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon
    SimBin Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +192
    Did you steal those shots from your visit? :D

• Haha Haha x 11
  11. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,990
    So they do know and they will tell? ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    Looks great, looking forward to seeing more of this. Specially what licenses/series they get to work with/base it on. As pumped as I am for this I really hope we won't see another full series but not quite like R3E's GT Masters and let's not even get started with iRacings Blancpain license.

I get it's all just placeholder and imported assets at the moment but I do find it a bit funny that a title coming out next year is showing a last generation GT car, awesome as it may be. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,990
    I'm going to build myself a new PC with VR and DTS surround sound system just for this so Simbin, you'd better do us proud.:)

• Like Like x 11
    • Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +56
    First of all I want to say I'm excited to see more and more of GTR3 :)

Now I want to be a little picky.
    These pics don't give the woow effect, I mean, something that feels "photorealistic".
    I hope for more shots.

15. Blimey

Blimey
    Banned

Ratings:
    +199
    well, I hope my GTX 1070 can run it in 2018.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Giorgos Kostis

Giorgos Kostis

Ratings:
    +65
    GTX 1070 is more than enough to run it so don't worry.

• Like Like x 1
  17. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +95
    Gonna be a dick and say the game looks quite crappy right now. Especially the last picture. Almost look like a FMV intro usually found on late 1990's PC games, something like this:

But the potential is there. It's the Unreal 4 engine after all. You have to be hell bent on make it look bad. Very hard to not look good in the end.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Angry Angry x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,461
    If that's considered crappy I'd like crappy every day if the week. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 2
  19. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +133
    Looking at those photos, incredible.
    If drives as well, jumping on the hype train :confused:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    SpeedyMite Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +788
    God I hope they get the WEC and ELMS/IMSA licences!!!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2