More street/sport cars at Club Events?

W.Fox

Verstappen 2.0
Hey guys,
I feel like we drive all the time the same cars ( GT3,DTM, Tatuus, Mx-5 Cup and other racing cars) and I think that AC has a lot of great cars which we never raced with!
For example :
- Most of the Porsches (GT3 RS, Cayman, 911R and so on...)
- japanese cars (Except the MX5 of course, Supra, Skyline, Rx7, 370Z, GT-R)
- BMW`s (M3 E92, M4)
- Supercars (Pagani Huayra, Pagani Zonda R, Ferrari FXX-K, Mclaren P1, Aventador...)
- Yellowbird and F40
- Mod cars like the Caterham Academy ( Would fit very good imo) http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caterham-academy.6794/
Sure, I know that the current Club Events try to reflect the "real" events out there, but IMO some of these cars I mentioned would be very funny to see, and at the end, thats why we are here, for the fun!

If the caterhan drives like the one on ams, i wouldn't mind it. I don't like the other cars you mentioned. The only time i drive some of the street cars are for hotlapping (mostly porsche cars) and drift (bmw). Personally, i'd like to see more gt4 as i have never had the chance to race with those. Also a different audi tt... The current one is very slow and we've raced with it for months now. The vln version has more power but maintain his stability.

Hey guys,
I feel like we drive all the time the same cars ( GT3,DTM, Tatuus, Mx-5 Cup and other racing cars) and I think that AC has a lot of great cars which we never raced with!
For example :
- Most of the Porsches (GT3 RS, Cayman, 911R and so on...)
- japanese cars (Except the MX5 of course, Supra, Skyline, Rx7, 370Z, GT-R)
- BMW`s (M3 E92, M4)
- Supercars (Pagani Huayra, Pagani Zonda R, Ferrari FXX-K, Mclaren P1, Aventador...)
- Yellowbird and F40
- Mod cars like the Caterham Academy ( Would fit very good imo) http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caterham-academy.6794/
Sure, I know that the current Club Events try to reflect the "real" events out there, but IMO some of these cars I mentioned would be very funny to see, and at the end, thats why we are here, for the fun!
Thanks for suggesting cars, always welcomed! :)

Explanation from me:
We always look for cars that are best to race with and are fitting over the week.
At the moment we have:
Monday - very slow FWD car with very close battles to learn and relax

Tuesday - little Formula car, very intense battles, setup adjustment learning but no high speed

Wednesday - relaxing but challenging RWD car for slow and great battles. Kind of the RWD thing of monday

Thursday - GT4s or the Porsche GT3. Fast but easy to control, a little challenge

Friday - a slightly faster FWD car with true racing abilities. Easy to control but quite fast. 100% tight battles guaranteed

Saturday - sadly nothing due to lack of available Staff

Sunday - GT3, nothing more to say I think

If you want to change one of these cars to one of your liking please pick only 1-3 cars you'd really want to see and explain why you think they are fitting. We Staffs don't know every car and we need to test them before using them. Making sure they are either fun or easy (or both) to drive and are guaranteeing the cleanest and most fun races :)

Example: most supercars are way too fast to ensure good racing. They are just too difficult to predict. Braking down from 300 km/h without Aero -> Divebombing and uncontrolled crashing guaranteed :(

But as a special event? Maybe, why not :)

I hope you understand my reply to this, we are all generally open to everything, we are discussing exactly these things behind the scenes. To find a suiting car in the end is not as easy as it seems :(

Thanks @RasmusP for a constructive answer. I think the Saturday, as it is free atm, should be a "Special Event Day" which changes every week. I don't know how you guys feel, but i didn't see the Nordschleife for a long time now, maybe I'm just unlucky and missed it everytime? I like what our NA friends are doing with their Trackday event. Maybe we can do something similar? I think the community should choose what happens on that day. But most of us dont seem to be open for new things, sadly.
@BhZ I like your GT4 idea!
these are my suggestions for Saturday:
- Nordschleife (just the standard, not endurance) with either GT4 cars (I know they have their own event, but their perfomance fits well on this track), BMW M3 E30 Group A, Mazda RX-7 Tuned, Audi Sport Quattro S1, Caterham Academy (mod car) or whatever you guys come up with. I know this is just representing my taste, but imo we are missing one of the greatest tracks we have in AC.

@W.Fox I can tell you, that I am on it for Saturdays. It'll just take a bit more time to get something running, I don't know how much though. I share your thoughts and that was a great, constructive reply! :):thumbsup:

I can tell that much: When I got back to AC -after a little look in early access-, in March, the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport + Nordschleife at 17:00 was my absolute stunning FAVORITE!
It's like the car is made for it :cool:

From my point of view, considering how most people can't control easy cars like the TT and the mazda, choosing high powered street cars means wreckfest. Considering how many stupid incidents we are seeing right now, i would not race in those events. Imho the only cars you can use on AC to race are:
-Mazda mx5 cup: slow, easy to control, basically impossible to spin with it as it's very predictable.
-Audi TT: RD uses the Cup version, I'd like to see the VLN since it's more powerfull and maybe more demanding
-Tatuus: Low powered formula car, also hard to spin with it except in a couple of corners. Perfect to learn to drive as it's easy to control and you can really focus on how you drive.
Porsche Cup: Definitely one of the hardest cars to push to the limit but it let's you focus on how you drive.
-GT3s: not much to say here, GT2/E imho is not balanced at the moment.
-GT4s: Balanced competition between Maserati and Porsche. The Maserati is a bit easier to control but not necessarily faster.
-GTE/LMP1: Interesting event, disappeared because the admin that organized them left. Sadly it was on Saturday and most people have other options.
BMW m235i: I find it boring, but people like it, so why not.

AC has a lot of cars but most of them are either similar or just not fun to race with.

I hope it is ok to post here as I don't have premium (I didn't vote in the poll.)

I just find it interesting that some of you guys think that the cars on slicks are easier for people to drive. IMO street tyres and even semi slicks are much more forgiving and predictable than slick tyres with more margin for error.

No doubt slick tyres are probably what the majority are used to using though so maybe with that in mind you are right.

I hope it is ok to post here as I don't have premium (I didn't vote in the poll.)

I just find it interesting that some of you guys think that the cars on slicks are easier for people to drive. IMO street tyres and even semi slicks are much more forgiving and predictable than slick tyres with more margin for error.

No doubt slick tyres are probably what the majority are used to using though so maybe with that in mind you are right.
I see where you come from and as a maybe potential premium, your opinion matters of course! :)
I think what you want to say in short :
Wide and slowly building limit with less Base grip vs high Base grip but faster, snappier limit.
And yes of course, if we would like to use an F1 car, a softer suspension, street tyres etc would make total sense!
But the road cars we are referring to already have a very generous limit but are sliding all over the place so people misjudge their braking capabilities or safety distances!

Maybe you can understand it better now :)
If not: let's do another thread please?

@BhZ good summary! :)

To the topic: if I would've the time in Saturdays I would gladly fill the slot with something special. I promise you I care about this topic and totally see your points.
Doing that is another thing, sounds so simple but when you get to be the one responsible, it isn't anymore :roflmao::p

The more the car is on rails, the better you control it. Street tires are slidy and it's not the best when going 2-wide into a corner.

@BhZ I totally get your point, but isnt this a place to get better and improve racing skills? I mean people here pay to race in a friendly and respectful environment. Why are we "dumbing down" the events? Isnt that what the Amateur and Beginner Events are for? I really miss races with cars where you need a minimum of skill to race...

@BhZ I totally get your point, but isnt this a place to get better and improve racing skills? I mean people here pay to race in a friendly and respectful environment. Why are we "dumbing down" the events? Isnt that what the Amateur and Beginner Events are for? I really miss races with cars where you need a minimum of skill to race...
Sorry to speak for you @BhZ but I think W.Fox is just misunderstanding :p
It's not about dumbing anything down, in fact you are totally right, the Audi TT and the Mazda MX-5 are exactly to be what you describe! :)

And that's the point why we don't use highpowered street cars, because they require a lot more skill to race safely with them. BhZ was just referring to the fact, that even with these "easy" cars, the races or not perfectly clean, that the drivers wouldn't be able to control cars that are more difficult.

I'm not blaming anyone, I started at the very bottom, couldn't even control the Abarth 500 properly! :whistling::barefoot:
Had no idea how to race safely etc.
And if you would've put me in a Pagani, I would've been a danger for everyone :roflmao:

So it's just a fact, not a "dumbing down" :)

I agree with you totally, but sadly we don't control RD...I'm disappointed as much as you and after 6 months here, i realized that here you will only race with cars that are not that demanding because they want more people to become premium.

I just totally misunderstood your post @W.Fox , sorry...
Well my words still make sense so I will let the post be as it is.

To how you really meant your post... and @BhZ:
it's good to open your mouth and give Feedback (as long as it's not pure ranting of course!) :)
It's always difficult to decide what's the best, I tell you that we all just want to have the best and most fun races. You can't make it right for everyone and sometimes there may be wrong decisions made. And no, we don't just want more premiums. What we want are more drivers taking the step into club racing, to give them a comfy feeling to take this step without getting the feeling of being unworthy to have fun racing online.
We see it quite often that people are taking the step but after a few races they lose the fun because they have the feeling of being "not good enough :(

Of course it's equally bad if experienced drivers are losing their fun too! So speak up and you will be heard :)
But I think the Tatuus, the Thursdays GT4 and the Sundays GT3 are not too bad ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%