monza server

Sorry if this comes across as offensive, as that is certainly not how I wish for it to be interprited. I think most of us can except that the tracks produced for most simulations are not perfect, but most do show a considerable ammount of effort thaat has gone towards trying to make them accurate. Rather than dismiss tracks as being incorrect, try and educate instead. That way there can be numerous tracks of the best possible quality. To be honest this is one of the things that has put me off rFactor modding in general as I know most of what I will create will be proverbiarly 'torn apart' by those who are much better than I, because the documentation for doing things properly is virtually non-existant, and my skills much less proficiant.

I appreciate that the commerical intrests that have been introduced by the formation of Reiza Studios may conflict with this, I believe that the free sharing of information will better simracing as a whole. Some mods are inaccurate through negligence and lack of effort, whereas others are simply limited by the skills and knowledge of the creator, and so in these situatuions some 'education' through shring would increase the quality of simulations as a whole, being a gaming community that thrives on modding more than any other.Sorry if this comes across as offensive, as that is certainly not how I wish for it to be interpreted. I think most of us can accept that the tracks produced for most simulations are not perfect, but most do show a considerable amount of effort that has gone towards trying to make them accurate. Rather than dismiss tracks as being incorrect, try and educate instead. That way there can be numerous tracks of the best possible quality.

To be honest this is one of the things that has put me off rFactor modding in general as I know most of what I will create will be proverbially 'torn apart' by those who are much better than I, because the documentation for doing things properly is virtually non-existent, and my skills much less proficient. I appreciate that the commercial interests that have been introduced by the formation of Reiza Studios may conflict with this; I believe that the free sharing of information will better simracing as a whole. Some mods are inaccurate through negligence and lack of effort, whereas others are simply limited by the skills and knowledge of the creator, and so in these situations some 'education' through sharing would increase the quality of simulations as a whole, being a gaming community that thrives on modding more than any other.

Rant over :tongue:, JM2C guys, and keep up the great work with GSC.

As for the gist of what you say, I generally do post in forums where people ask for advice on modding. But at the same time I can't train people up from scratch, and the majority of what I learnt I did it myself. No teacher, aside for some gentle guidance along the way from various folk.

It requires more patience, persistence and time than talent really.

Thanks for the reply. As for the paragraphs I'm fairly certain that there are some gremlins in the racedepartment system, as this is one of several posts that I've had to edit paragraphs back into today. With your advice in mind I guess it's back to some more virtual hard graft for me, as it turns out moddeling is a PITA! :tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back