PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

Monza 07

19:00 Free Practise
20:00 3 Practise Starts + Pit Stop Test
20:07 Qualifying (Duration: 7 minutes)
20:15 Warmup (Duration: 5 minutes)
20:21 Race (Duration: 65 minutes)

As we all know the season start is only 2 weeks away so lets get on with a full practise race (or close to it)

usual prestogp times and format unless we want to shorten the event to 2 smaller for some practise in the dry then wet, if we are doing that then we need to agree soon so daniel can make us a weather file.

anyhoo this first post will be amended to show any changes, sign up in the usual way..........

First time starting Race07 since Season 12, in fact i just installed few days ago (fresh windows 7 64bit install). But starting with just few warmup laps and straight in to wheel to wheel action with Steeve and Nicola.. And just wow, thanks guys, that was excellent reminder why we still do this.

You just can't describe what it means going it to Ascari 10m behind and fully confident turning your eyes to that orange line, braking on my own mark just knowing that the guy in front knows what he is doing.. Or in the second chicane without fear of getting rear ended.. Wheel to wheel in a corner; no problem just stick to your side of the road, no one is going to t-bone you. It's hard to describe but you all know this feeling all ready. It happens bi-weekly, like a clockwork. Didn't look laptimes, bad news is that i need to fix my pedals.. Seems like between season they start get bored. I have used them but in different environment (semi-arcade, huge deadzones and driving aids...) so they are not used as aggressively as they have to endure in (almost) proper simulator. Also i have to use 75% max power from windows settings, as i need consistent feel on the FFB in that project pre-production i've mentioned few times. It's more important that PrestoGP: sorry, it's just reality, i "have" to play games now, not an option but a must..

Blatant, shameless egoboosting selfpromotion.. A screenshot, teaser.. It's internal tech demo, not for public release.
3CDY72B.jpg

so guys, the full event would be roughly 40 laps, i propose we break it into 2 races.

1st race, 20 laps, usual presto race format with dry weather.

2nd race, 20 laps, usual presto format with 30-50% wet track? drying at some point?

lets finalise this today so either daniel or nico can sort the weather for wednesdays race server.

Hopefully i can get home in time for the 2nd race. Though i would prefer to do the dry one. So if it doesnt matter to anyone, is it possible to do the wet race 1st?

Although, would anyone mind if i only join the 2nd race?

No guarantee i can be here in time, but there's a chance.

Steeve

Nice to see people signing up! Too bad I've got the flu or something with a head put to constant several-G gravitational force. Not only will I miss start-day at the U., but also to race you guys :thumbsdown::(:cry::inlove:

1. David Turnbull
2. Kennett Ylitalo
3. Peter Decker (if first school day has been ok)
4. Valerio Vinassa
5. Nicolai Nicholson
6. Damien Rouchon :)
7. Bob Laube
8. Bob Miley
9. Nicolas Rouge

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back