Monza is not fun.

I hate it. Cant get it right. Always pretty fast on straights, but have trouble with corners so I brake earlier than other cars, but then I get knocked of the track by the AI. ... Unless i try to go faster and then I spin out. I hate it.
Just want to tell you for no apparent reason.
:tongue:

Monza I presume. I think it's ok and don't have any particular problem with it. It's not the most exciting track ever though... the amount of time you keep your foot planted on the throttle gets a tad tedious after a while.

Don't care about AI, they have defined better grip than you and they don't drive good. They tend to send you off track.

BTW I totaly hate the last sector of Estoril. I don't understant how F1 cars were able to race there. Probably the track model itself isn't right. But still...

AI technically speaking: cheats... It will brake later than you and stop sooner than you as it has other flaws that evens the lap times. It's hard to overtake them during braking and painfully easy while accelerating. AI will also slow down if you move in front of them, even for a fraction of a second. So you can push that front in places it really doesn't belong. If you try to shove them offroad, they won't be putting up a fight and certainly can't remember that small tap that took them almost sideways when you passed. Human drivers on the other hand: will crash you as they can't believe that someone would even try to pass like that... And they will remember....

So, if you have a decent internet connection, try public servers. Better than AI most of the time (1 wrecker in about third of races nowadays or less) as they aren't behaving like a machine.

Last 4 corners in Estoril,, brrrhhh... hate them too.

I think in RD it's the same answer from everybody: AI just don't do it, online is the only way to drive competitive simracing. Period. Time attacks can be done offline but racing is better to leave to humanbeings: learning is accelerated by multiples comparing to AI, the behaviour of individuals just isn't there. Every driver on track has his own style, they can be douchebags or great rivals. Just like in real life.. Or which is better: Alonso vs Schumacher vs Hamilton vs Button vs Vettel or Button vs button vs button vs......That's not to say Button is a machine or hasn't got personality, i think his driving style would make a great and easy to program AI... And from that Fabulous Five (how come BBC hasn't punned that one yet...) Buttons driving is the one i most admire.

Sorry for double post but that one one was again quite epic size...

One thing i've forgot to mention. This works also in public servers. When you find a driver that is doing fast constant times: Go to Timing and right-click driver name. You can see all of his/hers practice/qualify lap times. Click drive but don't leave you pit. Press +/- until you locate that driver on track (preferably driving on track, hehheh..) and look at the racing line, listen to braking and downshifting and you can also see their speed! The latter is just crucial, more when racing in leagues in the future.. That's a free tip for all who didn't know it yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back