Monza GP: AMS vs AC

I did a little "not realy comparison" video of Monza in AMS and AC ..
Obviously lightening on car model is better in AC, AMS leaves AC behind in sound department and tracks quality is about the same .. Patrick did a great job in my opinion ...
Pls ignore the driving .. did three laps in both sims trying to mach the laptimes .. didn`t really work :) Monza onboard and Spa in modern openwheelers already recorded ...

Monza GP
Nurburgring GP
Barcelona GP

Last edited:
@roby13 well if somebody will create shaders that improve AMS I`ll be happy to use them, until than AMS looks good to me but ACs more modern graphics engine makes it looks better in most cases (not more natural with default settings though) .. not my intention to compare graphics engines in those vids anyway ;)

AC mod track and AMS original track for a change: Suzuka
Thats a perfect example how good Reiza's maps really are. The realistic lighting in AC...,ok (i dont like it, too much for me, but anyway), but in the details is AMS's Suzuka much better. Sorry for all AC lovers..;)

Look at 0:19 - the grass borderline in AC looks terrible edgy, and look the same in AMS.., next 0:51 - the trees in AC, is that beauty or realistic, not really. And there some more not flattering details in AC maps.
For me, details like this are much more important for a good looking map and in this fact Reiza is very good in front or beside the best looking sims. Realistic lighting is not all.

Im very graphic oriented too, but a game like AMS is so much better in most facts. R3E was my graphic favorite, but since AMS i dont spend a view to R3E anymore. Its crazy.

Last edited:
hmm .. it shows that suzuka AC mod is bellow qualitty of modded tracks that Patricks is giving us .. there are few good looking modded tracks for AC too ..

What is suprising me though since I start with these videos - jumping from game to game within few minutes is how bad AC feels to me now ... which i`m not happy about .. I always liked AC feeling and if I run something with softer suspension and low aero (road cars, low aero historic openwheelers) I still get the joy but with high downforce, modern, stiffer cars feeling is dumbed, disconected .. I didn`t change anything on my side :(

Last edited:
The same with my R3E and AMS. (i have bought stuff for over 100,-€ for R3E)
I think its a question of taste. When a new game hits your taste so much better, you dont want to go back.

The same with my R3E and AMS. (i have bought stuff for over 100,-€ for R3E)
I think its a question of taste. When a new game hits your taste so much better, you dont want to go back.
well I do want to enjoy all my sims :)

There is an angry AC fan that is always downvoting your videos :p
downvoting where ? I don`t follow these things ... :) those vids aren`t even anti-AC :D

Last edited:
What is suprising me though since I start with these videos - jumping from game to game within few minutes is how bad AC feels to me now ... which i`m not happy about .. I always liked AC feeling and if I run something with softer suspension and low aero (road cars, low aero historic openwheelers) I still get the joy but with high downforce, modern, stiffer cars feeling is dumbed, disconected .. I didn`t change anything on my side :(

It's not really surprising ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years